The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Personally I’d prefer Ecripont went out on loan again further up the pyramid this season. 
Either Watrett or Tomlinson could go out also, depending on who Brown sees as being the second choice. 
McCallister improved under Brown but as the Dundee United game showed, he can’t be relied on. 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Up there with hearing Ian 'Wrightey' Wright calling the presenter 'Poogs' the other night.  

IMG_0475.jpeg.615efde71e1a15b3df1c5d963725d756.jpeg

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Personally I’d prefer Ecripont went out on loan again further up the pyramid this season. 
Either Watrett or Tomlinson could go out also, depending on who Brown sees as being the second choice. 
McCallister improved under Brown but as the Dundee United game showed, he can’t be relied on. 

Think Ollie will stay until January with the Mutch injury.  Watret 100% stays.  Hopefully Tomlinson goes on loan, really struggled last night, 2 poor touches went out for a throw in then on the second one just thumped the ball up the park.  I was right where he played most of the second half and McAllister and Walker kept talking him through the whole half.  Get the feeling he doesn't enjoy right back, which he isn't to be honest.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think Ollie will stay until January with the Mutch injury.  Watret 100% stays.  Hopefully Tomlinson goes on loan, really struggled last night, 2 poor touches went out for a throw in then on the second one just thumped the ball up the park.  I was right where he played most of the second half and McAllister and Walker kept talking him through the whole half.  Get the feeling he doesn't enjoy right back, which he isn't to be honest.

If he’s going to get a chance further up the park then fine, but as a right back, there is no point in having 3 right backs and none are good enough to start regularly for a Championship level team on day one. 

8 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

True thou my worry would be if he’s facing a Maeda and gets torn a new one I know he’s played very well so far but he hasn’t really been tested defensively and even if not Maeda it might be Johnston who would be a challenge still 

Neither are back in training yet - could potentially be someone like Yang. I think it’ll be good for us to see what he is like defensively tbh.

23 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Being brutally honest, I think he needs to improve tons technically to be anywhere near this level - there is obviously plenty of time for him to do that though. 

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Neither are back in training yet - could potentially be someone like Yang. I think it’ll be good for us to see what he is like defensively tbh.

Being brutally honest, I think he needs to improve tons technically to be anywhere near this level - there is obviously plenty of time for him to do that though. 

Aye, he has all the raw materials of a really good winger, good deep runs, pace and willingness to take on his man.  Hoping the right back experiment is over.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Aye, he has all the raw materials of a really good winger, good deep runs, pace and willingness to take on his man.  Hoping the right back experiment is over.

Tbf, he looks far better running with the ball from deep when at RWB. From the very limited time I’ve seen him at RM he struggles to get by anyone or link up without that space to run into. I’m basically basing that off of one half of football though, so it’s very harsh obviously. 

Regardless, he needs to get decent game time to develop in whatever position it is. 

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Presuming the two trialists were Hastie and Hamilton.....

Who is the trialist Goalkeeper? Anyone know?

Liam Russell, he has just been in as cover for when Stone was unable to play.  Don't see him signing unless they get him in as cover for Stone until Mutch is back and Ecrepont goes out on loan.

Think we’re sorted at right back IMO. Watret from what I have seen looks stronger, more mature, could be a starter. McAllister is an able back-up and Stanger was good at right back when Brown came in.

One centre back and at a push a centre mid, we could be done. 

Did see St Johnstone other release is a defensive midfielder which is what we’ve been needing Daniel Phillips two years of premiership experience 19 yellow cards shows he’s not afraid to put a tackle in and is a Trinidad and Tobago internationalist (thou I believe they don’t play as much as a Zambia)

7 minutes ago, Aufc_ said:

Think we’re sorted at right back IMO. Watret from what I have seen looks stronger, more mature, could be a starter. McAllister is an able back-up and Stanger was good at right back when Brown came in.

One centre back and at a push a centre mid, we could be done. 

Agree with that. McGowan can also play right back/centre back/centre mid so him and Hamilton wouldn't be that surprising if indeed it is us he has signed for.  Just feel with where he is based it could be Dunfermline.

5 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Did see St Johnstone other release is a defensive midfielder which is what we’ve been needing Daniel Phillips two years of premiership experience 19 yellow cards shows he’s not afraid to put a tackle in and is a Trinidad and Tobago internationalist (thou I believe they don’t play as much as a Zambia)

Signing for Stevenage I think.

12 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

English lower league jobbers happy to up sticks and relocate to Ayr.

Experienced Scottish players from the east coast - NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Difference is the guys we get from down south are either late teens or early 20's so have very little commitments to contemplate moving away.

Whereas McGowan for example as an experienced pro in mid 30's will have wife and kids I presume so not as easy to up sticks. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Makes sense to me tbh. 

I'd consider moving to Germany for work but I would not work in Edinburgh. 

Edited by itzdrk

23 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Which of the two are a club more likely to support/even pay for accommodation costs?

Without looking at the squad lists, McGowan has 5 teams within an hour of him. Of the other 5, he had loan spells at 2 when he was younger, brother at Hamilton and finally Davidson signed him for St Johnstone. So safe to say anyone apart from Morton could be an option.