The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Peil said:

really does depend on what his fitness levels are like, and what training he was doing before we picked him up.  Could easily be he's still a couple of weeks away yet and we don't see him get a proper run out till the 9th

Yeah, just a case of how far away he is.  Would hope he'd have been training somewhere to keep his fitness up.

Unless Murdoch is absolutely done or they are managing his return, it seems strange that he isn’t getting game time in matches that either don’t matter much or are against lower league opponents. Even if he’s getting pushed out the door, it would help if he was match fit. 

Same with Walker. Syla and Dempsey have both been rested, Rus was suspended but was probably going to be rested in one of the next two. Henderson might drop out for Murphy on Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Unless Murdoch is absolutely done or they are managing his return, it seems strange that he isn’t getting game time in matches that either don’t matter much or are against lower league opponents. Even if he’s getting pushed out the door, it would help if he was match fit. 

Same with Walker. Syla and Dempsey have both been rested, Rus was suspended but was probably going to be rested in one of the next two. Henderson might drop out for Murphy on Saturday. 

Also McGeady, if he is going to be used sparingly, he needs to be fit and able, not appearing once every 6 games and being miles off it like last season. If he’s just going to play reserve games then fair enough, it’ll hopefully help the younger players. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Also McGeady, if he is going to be used sparingly, he needs to be fit and able, not appearing once every 6 games and being miles off it like last season. If he’s just going to play reserve games then fair enough, it’ll hopefully help the younger players. 

McGeady I reckon will probably be used for reserves and that's it.  Murdoch probably not in Browns plans going by the last few squads.  Couple that with Syla being overlooked in place for McKenzie and then Musonda in midfield, reckon Brown might be looking to shift 1 if not both they 2 and maybe get someone else in.

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

As I wrote on the Stenhousemuir thread, I thought Ayr United's first-half performance was one of the most intriguing I've seen from an opposition team in years. I was surprised to see Frankie Musonda starting at left-back but even more astonished to see him spending the majority of the game in the middle of the park (and even more astonished to see him crashing into the penalty box to score his side's second goal). There were times where it looked like you had an extra player on the pitch. Ayr look like a well-coached side under Scott Brown - they're a big, strong side but they're quick to hunt you down, switched on positionally and good on the ball.

I don't want to get too carried away after beating an ordinary part-time side but I would fancy you very strongly for the season ahead.

All the best!

Good to get a neutral opinion from a non rabid Falkirk fan.

3 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Put more or less every Morton poster on the ignore list last last season. Do I need to do this with Falkirk posters too? 

Yes

Just now, Rb123 said:

AP saying we're looking to loan Murdoch out, would explain his absence...

Yeah heard that yesterday.  I see Jason Holt is still available, wouldn't be against that as a potential incoming.

Folk saying that Jamie Hamilton was there last night so is he still training with us? I assumed we’d let him go after signing Devlin. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Folk saying that Jamie Hamilton was there last night so is he still training with us? I assumed we’d let him go after signing Devlin. 

Unless there's still a question mark of the viability of our RB options of a young/raw Watret and a poor championship quality RB IMO in McAllister?

According to Transfermarket Hamilton can play RB

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did really like the look of him.  Not sure where he could fit in, unless signed and loaned out to get properly fit.

Just now, Rb123 said:

Unless there's still a question mark of the viability of our RB options of a young/raw Watret and a poor championship quality RB IMO in McAllister?

According to Transfermarket Hamilton can play RB

Or we are now using Musonda exclusively as a left back to give us that option of an inverted full back, pushing into midfield. 

4 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Does this mean we are better than Man City?

IMG_4022.jpeg

No. It means that we are the best team in the world because Manchester City were the last club to win the World Club Championship.

Brown bringing Musonda into the middle of the park and dropping Dempsey into the back line like Guardiola does with John Stones lol

Was quite satisfying to watch how it works last night on the stream tbh