The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’d like to see McRoberts get a decent chunk of this game. Maybe a 3-4-3 and try to get chances galore. 

Stanger, Musonda and McCann

Murphy, Rus, Dempsey & McKenzie

Dowds, McRoberts and Oakley 

Henderson getting a rest and replacing Murphy after his usual hour. 

Has anyone who bought a season ticket actually have it showing yet in the Main Event site?

I cn see the individual games I've paid for, with tickets to download, but all my season ticket transaction shows is 'paid in full' with no ticket showing

16 minutes ago, Peil said:

Has anyone who bought a season ticket actually have it showing yet in the Main Event site?

I cn see the individual games I've paid for, with tickets to download, but all my season ticket transaction shows is 'paid in full' with no ticket showing

I’m the same . Fully paid but no barcode yet . They did say it would be July but were fast running out of July . I expect one the Buckie game is out the way the QR codes will start to turn up . 

2 hours ago, Peil said:

Nowt yet either, I tried to pick up my card at the Falkirk game but was told it would be the end of the month till the barcodes are generated. Still got a full 2 weeks to get sorted

6 minutes ago, diege said:

Nowt yet either, I tried to pick up my card at the Falkirk game but was told it would be the end of the month till the barcodes are generated. Still got a full 2 weeks to get sorted

I’ve not bought mine yet. Are you still able to get it emailed out to you and use it off your phone? I never bothered picking up a physical card last year. 

Just back from holidays and have purchased a seat in the new stand to give it a shot tomorrow. Got to think there will be drama at least.

3 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I have said for years.... everyone coming through the turnstile should have to do 4 quick shots of Jager. Give it 15 mins and the place will be bouncing 🥳🤣

I thought we all did?     Shit - maybe the Mrs is right and I do have a problem 🫣

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve not bought mine yet. Are you still able to get it emailed out to you and use it off your phone? I never bothered picking up a physical card last year. 

All tickets ( QR codes)  are emailed and believe there was an additional charge if you wanted a physical card 

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

All tickets ( QR codes)  are emailed and believe there was an additional charge if you wanted a physical card 

Yep this, I got the card as I never trust myself to have enough charge on my phone by the time I get to the ground

23 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Was nice of the thunderstorm to arrive right on time to give everyone at Rugby Park a free wash

It must really eat away at you as we move further and further away from you. Credible draw in Europe against a team worth 60 million quid. Ten thousand (yes 10k) home fans when you can’t even fill a quarter of your little stadium at the opening of your new stand against Celtic. 2500 travelling to Bruges, about double your home support and approaching six thousand season tickets. All from two towns the same size. The height of your ambitions? Beating the big team in a friendly. Try and answer why you are so far behind, rather than the usual abuse. 

PS Falkirk pop 38000 season tickets 4000 plus. 

5 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

It must really eat away at you as we move further and further away from you. Credible draw in Europe against a team worth 60 million quid. Ten thousand (yes 10k) home fans when you can’t even fill a quarter of your little stadium at the opening of your new stand against Celtic. 2500 travelling to Bruges, about double your home support and approaching six thousand season tickets. All from two towns the same size. The height of your ambitions? Beating the big team in a friendly. Try and answer why you are so far behind, rather than the usual abuse. 

Because you spent a fortune you didn’t have about 30 years ago, won a cup and built a fan base off of it? 

Not sure why that gives you any reason to start acting like an OF fan but hey ho.

Any anorak worked out the set of results we need tomorrow to see us progress. My quick and very basic mathematics suggests to finish above Dundee United we need to beat Buckie by 3 goals. In addition to finish above Falkirk there needs to be 3 goal swing so if they won by 2 goals we’d need to win by 5 goals. 

What are our chances of finishing as one of the best runners up as I think that’s more likely tbh. 

48 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Yep,half your support from your big cousins up the road

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Any anorak worked out the set of results we need tomorrow to see us progress. My quick and very basic mathematics suggests to finish above Dundee United we need to beat Buckie by 3 goals. In addition to finish above Falkirk there needs to be 3 goal swing so if they won by 2 goals we’d need to win by 5 goals. 

What are our chances of finishing as one of the best runners up as I think that’s more likely tbh. 

I think you’re correct for the most part but we only need to better Falkirk’s score by two goals . The fact we beat them gives us the nod in the event of a draw . 

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Buckie have conceded 14 goals in the 3 group games and scored 3 

Fallirk have scored 7 in 3 games and conceded 3

Stenny have conceded 7 and scored 5 having played both Dundee United and Falkirk. 

from that, I would predict a 3-1 win for Falkirk. Meaning we would have to win by 5 to top the group. 
Buckie have conceded 5 in two of the other group games. 

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

SPFL website has the following:

If clubs are level on points at the end of the group stage, the criteria for separating them is 1) goal difference, 2) goals scored, 3) away goals scored, 4) matches won, 5) away matches won, 6) head-to-head record, 7) drawing of lots.

Currently we've scored 6 and Falkirk have scored 7. Dundee United have scored 10.

We have scored 5 away from home, Falkirk have scored 5 away, and Dundee United have scored 5 away from home - none of this will change as no one has an away game left.

All 3 have won 1 away game - also won't change.

Essentially, just try and rattle them in tomorrow.

Edited by AUcal

51 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

It doesn’t eat away at anyone old fella , it’s just maths . I remember the days prior to the Fleetings coming in in the late 80’s both clubs were neck and neck crowd wise and both in the doldrums . The Fleeting’s started spending and the Killie support started coming back . The rest is history as they say . Ayr were saddled with debt and poor boards and sunk to a pretty low ebb , but never administration like few I could mention . Anyway I digress , right now Ayr are having our Fleeting/Burns moment except it Smith and Brown . We are now moving forward with the correct people and the correct plan . So enjoy enjoy your last days of empire for the fat lips will soon be getting handed out to you in the Premiership . Just a matter of time . Tic toc ….

1 minute ago, Pizzo said:

Would far rather have Ayr in the top league than County or St Johnstone. A healthy rivalry is good for both clubs.

Oh, f**k you! Etc etc

Fella you are correct , I’m old enough to remember 18,000 on New Years Day at Somerset v Killie back in the day . No fence , fun times . Gen X days . 

15 minutes ago, railwayend said:

It doesn’t eat away at anyone old fella , it’s just maths . I remember the days prior to the Fleetings coming in in the late 80’s both clubs were neck and neck crowd wise and both in the doldrums . The Fleeting’s started spending and the Killie support started coming back . The rest is history as they say . Ayr were saddled with debt and poor boards and sunk to a pretty low ebb , but never administration like few I could mention . Anyway I digress , right now Ayr are having our Fleeting/Burns moment except it Smith and Brown . We are now moving forward with the correct people and the correct plan . So enjoy enjoy your last days of empire for the fat lips will soon be getting handed out to you in the Premiership . Just a matter of time . Tic toc ….

I can't really add too much to this which I think covers it very well. It is easy to lose support but it takes time to rebuild it and we are really just at the start of our rebuilding process. We have the ambition and the means now we just need a slice of good fortune. I do think this year could be our year.

There is a very interesting book called "The Roar of the Crowd" which is worth reading to see how football (and crowds) have changed over the last century. Probably only available second hand now though.

And before I forget - FTK.