The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Fantastic interview with Brown on the sun YouTube page, worth a watch. 

Talks in it about how Smith said to him we need another striker now Dowds has gone but they've exhausted every option and couldn't find any so will have to wait until January. 

Also says about him leaving east coast at 5:45/6 in the morning each day to head over here. Says it doesn't bother him though 

Edited by Rb123

3 hours ago, DanielB said:

We're trying to point them in the right direction.

For clarity, the group in question are 'Ayr Youth' not The Regazzi. They're a group of 16/17/18 year old's who have formed their own group this year with the aim of improving the atmosphere and having a good time along the way - they are essentially the generation behind The Regazzi.

FWIW they seem like quite a respectful and polite bunch - we're in the midst of teeing up a meeting between them and the club to form a good working relationship moving forward. Hopefully fans will give them a chance and provide encouragement when required!

That's good to know. One of the boys is my son 🤣. He's actually a very intelligent lad but is still young enough that he needs a good bit of guidance. 

Thanks for helping them with this. I think they're very surprised by the amount that's generously been donated to them.

3 hours ago, DanielB said:

We're trying to point them in the right direction.

For clarity, the group in question are 'Ayr Youth' not The Regazzi. They're a group of 16/17/18 year old's who have formed their own group this year with the aim of improving the atmosphere and having a good time along the way - they are essentially the generation behind The Regazzi.

FWIW they seem like quite a respectful and polite bunch - we're in the midst of teeing up a meeting between them and the club to form a good working relationship moving forward. Hopefully fans will give them a chance and provide encouragement when required!

The generation behind the regazzi?

Aging Season 9 GIF by Friends

When we’re talking about lapsed fans has Monster ever made a reappearance? I’m sure he stopped going due to Cameron and said he’d return if/when he was gone however haven’t seen him. Apologies if I’ve got that wrong, I suppose it’s easy to fallout the habit of going to the football every week. 

49 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

When we’re talking about lapsed fans has Monster ever made a reappearance? I’m sure he stopped going due to Cameron and said he’d return if/when he was gone however haven’t seen him. Apologies if I’ve got that wrong, I suppose it’s easy to fallout the habit of going to the football every week. 

Last I heard he was going to Troon every week. No idea if he’s still going though 

6 hours ago, Weekeith said:

Thought Monster and Mrs Monster had moved to the Aberdeen  aera.  That was a few years ago though. 

They're still local, or at least they were a few months ago. I haven't seen him back at Somerset, but he does like / comment on plenty of the club's Facebook posts.

Edited by RedEd

15 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

What’s your thoughts?

Good money after bad?

Fans facing the brunt of it all again?

I remember back in December 2012, Hearts Fans raised nearly £1 Million Pounds to stave off Administration through a Share Issue.  Administration eventually arrived in June 2013.

The number of times I've been up to ICT for the draws and defeats and thought, there's hardly any home fans actually here to watch this. 

The idea there was 1000 or so season ticket holders that never showed up appears to have been a lie. 

On 02/10/2024 at 14:37, Nelson said:

I’m pretty amazed that Kerr McInroy didn’t find a club before the transfer window shut.  Must be some underlying reason, presumably injury or inflated wage demands.  

No other clubs willing to sign him were within walking distance of his mum's house in Kirkcaldy, if you believe a dominant narrative on this thread.

With regards to McGeady: it was a gamble worth taking, and I very much doubt it cost the club an enormous sum. It is still depressing that someone considerably younger than me is now that old guy that turns up at fives who will still skin you rotten over a couple of paces but hasn't the energy to do any more these days.

With regards to ICT: both of their last two managers were on the EBTs that sunk their big club. Reap, sow.

With regards to the Ragazzi: the idea that anything has structure in Ayr now is laughable. The crowd in the SRE has deteriorated just like the rest of the town. At least the north stand is there for adults who don't want chips chucked at the backs of their heads now.

With regards to strikers: it's only three months until January and referees are obliged to give Big Clubs like Ayr at least one penalty a game. Just need to make sure to keep clean sheets.

5 hours ago, Peil said:

I don't think the issue is ads so much as the completely repugnant behaviours of that journal

Sure, no disagreement for me. But using an adblocker means they don't get any money for it if you do watch it 👍