The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yes, a lot relies on McMann coming in and performing highly.  Takes McCalister out the team and by christ we need that part desperately.  But also we need Stanger to just defend, do not run with the ball do not attempt to pass it because he is abysmal at both.  

I wish we were playing hoofball like the Falkirk fans said because the two idiot centre backs we had yesterday wouldn't have been passing the ball to players who were marked by two men constantly 

Tbf to Stanger, the last few games, the entire team has rushed to their positions when we are playing out, being quickly marked by the opposition and then nobody moves, leaving nowhere for stanger to go, it then gets played from one side to the next as we  can't find anyone free in any channels.  Falkirk were constantly moving into spaces and always had options to pass to. That is basic stuff and we have been lacking it recently.

Edited by Only me...

21 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Tbf to Stanger, the last few games, the entire team has rushed to their positions when we are playing out, being quickly marked by the opposition and then nobody moves, leaving nowhere for stanger to go, it then gets played from one side to the next as we  can't find anyone free in any channels.  Falkirk were constantly moving into spaces and always had options to pass to. That is basic stuff and we have been lacking it recently.

Don't entirely disagree, him forcing terribly hit passes to marked players or just out the park for throw ins is just stupid though.  Go back to the goalkeeper and start again FFS. 

46 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yes, a lot relies on McMann coming in and performing highly.  Takes McCalister out the team and by christ we need that part desperately.  But also we need Stanger to just defend, do not run with the ball do not attempt to pass it because he is abysmal at both.  

I wish we were playing hoofball like the Falkirk fans said because the two idiot centre backs we had yesterday wouldn't have been passing the ball to players who were marked by two men constantly 

He's obviously not brilliant but I think McAllister has stood in ably at CB. He's not done a lot wrong. 

We look totally unable to play it out from the back with the defence as it is just now. The goalie also kept passing to players who were heavily marked and then ignored folk standing in the clear.

Dylan looked nervous from the first minute but thats ok. He's just a kid still and has loads to learn. He'll be fine.

Get our best available 11 back and a striker in January and we'll be grand. Howley looks like a CB playing as a midfielder and Bavidge and Walker aren't starters. 

Brown has rightly accepted blame for a lot of our problems yesterday but he's learning too.

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Don't entirely disagree, him forcing terribly hit passes to marked players or just out the park for throw ins is just stupid though.  Go back to the goalkeeper and start again FFS. 

I think if we had a settled keeper ,it would help with confidence and composure in the defence.  McAllister seemed to be the only one talking to Russell yesterday, maybe a fear of passing back to him and putting him under pressure. The midfield( all of them) need to drop back and help stanger in these situations . The quality of passing from the defence was poor all round, when it needed to spot on with Falkirks high press.  With certain players missing, we look like last years team. Supposed to have 2 for each position, but it's clear to see we dont that flexibility. 

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

How is that pyramid gap looking now? 

Think we are getting close to 25 years that we’ve been above you now (apart from the embarrassing alphabetical order chat) though I could be wrong.

first win of the season and you're on here looking for bites, absolute sexwizard

It's bad enough having Morton and Kilmarnock fans invading our thread, but Falkirk fans are another breed entirely. Can't say I missed them at any point in the last 5 years.

They played OK yesterday, Ayr didn't and Brown has admitted he got the team selection wrong, as every Ayr fan said when they saw the team. No idea what he was thinking.

We haven't even played each team once yet, so Falkirk fans need to simmer down and wait a little longer before writing off other challengers. Long way to go yet.