The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
Does anyone know any pubs in the town who DON'T let you in with football colours ??

I was asked to leave the Meridian a few years back while wearing a discreet West Ham hoody!

Christ, I must be getting old, i don't even know where that is !!

We generally drive to the games these days but this is one of the North Ayrshire Ayr United supporters association shwalley days (there's 3 of us)  so we've decided to come down early and go on a pub crawl, however it's been a long time since I drank in Ayr to be honest and don't really no the lie of the land nowadays.

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I got a knock back from Rabbies about 5 years ago for wearing an Ayr scarf but never had any bother other than that.  Certainly not had any issues on a Saturday in the last few years in the 7 or 8 places we tend to rotate around before/ after games 

Cheers, Rabbies was actually one of the pubs we used to go to years ago when we travelled down by train but that was a LONG time ago now. (Dalziel era probably).

19 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We generally drive to the games these days but this is one of the North Ayrshire Ayr United supporters association shwalley days (there's 3 of us)  so we've decided to come down early and go on a pub crawl, however it's been a long time since I drank in Ayr to be honest and don't really no the lie of the land nowadays.

I'm not there today but our usual pre match is Twa Dugs / Tam o Shanter and both of them absolutely fine.  But I do think most pubs will be OK with it.    The lady at the Twa Dugs was speaking to us before the QoS game after Xmas - they had an away bus in and she was apologising to folk about the language etc after they left in case anyone had been offended but said on the other hand it's nearly a grand through the till in only a couple of hours so would be absolute madness to turn custom away these days!

Ship Inn on North Harbour St is a solid Ayr Utd pub. A bit out the way though. I'll be in all evening.

43 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Always used to enjoy pre and post match O'Briens drinks back in the day. 

What time you in today? Us Queens fans are at a loose end having carelessly gotten knocked out of the cup already. Thought we'd all come up for a pint with our favourite other fans. 😉

18 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Still carrying a slight injury from Dunfermline match , better getting him 100% for next weeks league game 

17 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Heard that before tbf.

12 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Update on Moore , injury looking  more like 2/3 weeks out , Achilles injury 

full house liveblog GIF