The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

so he's an extra signing on top of the three expected?

I don’t think so

Kerr probably told McGuffie to wait until he brought a replacement in. That’s why it suddenly went from 2 in to 3 in on Tuesday night.

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Tiffoney is a step up on McGuffie IMO , good cover 

Well, I'll be happy enough with that then as we do seem to be getting good quality in depth these days.

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

The amount of reserve games the management team go to, you'd think Tiffoney has perhaps played against us for Livi's reserves and he's impressed the decision makers? 

I don't think Livi, a top 6 SPL team, would have him in their squad if they didn't think he was capable. 

Anyone know where he's best suited to play, or what attributes he's going to bring? 

I just asked this on the Morton thread and they reckon he's talented and quick but can be very greedy and likes to take shots on goal from all angles, which is probably something that we could do with for a change !!

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I just asked this on the Morton thread and they reckon he's talented and quick but can be very greedy and likes to take shots on goal from all angles, which is probably something that we could do with for a change !!

Pretty pleased with this if true to be honest. As talented as our squad is, no one I can think of can be described as particularly quick / pacy. 

Do you think the Morton fans mean a Mickey Reynolds level of quick?! 😉

The amount of reserve games the management team go to, you'd think Tiffoney has perhaps played against us for Livi's reserves and he's impressed the decision makers? 
I don't think Livi, a top 6 SPL team, would have him in their squad if they didn't think he was capable. 
Anyone know where he's best suited to play, or what attributes he's going to bring? 
He's a headless chicken and a bit of a shitebag from what I've seen. Very quick and unpredictable but little end product at our level. Still, he's young and has time to develop.

Just now, hoobahabba said:
15 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

He's a headless chicken and a bit of a shitebag from what I've seen. Very quick and unpredictable but little end product at our level. Still, he's young and has time to develop.

Few have done it better than us over the past two or three seasons. 

Cheers for the honest assessment. 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Pretty pleased with this if true to be honest. As talented as our squad is, no one I can think of can be described as particularly quick / pacy. 

Do you think the Morton fans mean a Mickey Reynolds level of quick?! 😉

Not even Forrest Gump was THAT quick, although their end product was pretty similar..............

Hearing that loan now sets in motion Forrest coming to us this window. Tiffoney (loan) + 10k seems a fair deal all round.

Tiffs is a decent player, still young and has been bulking up. He's ridiculously fast but that's about it. Can play LW or ST, his finishing leaves a lot to be desired but reckon he'll do a good job for you. Play a long ball over the top for him and you'll have joy with it, he's a useful player to have but we have a lot better ahead of him in terms of our squad

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Hearing that loan now sets in motion Forrest coming to us this window. Tiffoney (loan) + 10k seems a fair deal all round.

Tiffs is a decent player, still young and has been bulking up. He's ridiculously fast but that's about it. Can play LW or ST, his finishing leaves a lot to be desired but reckon he'll do a good job for you. Play a long ball over the top for him and you'll have joy with it, he's a useful player to have but we have a lot better ahead of him in terms of our squad

The problem there, is so do we at the minute. 

If Forrest does go, then that would obviously weaken us as most would believe that Forrest is an upgrade on Tiffoney, by the same token we've also got Luke McCowan who can play as a winger, striker, link man or attacking mid and he's only been on the bench on recent weeks yet most would agree that he's one of our best players.

I suppose what it does do is give us options as we do lack blistering pace in the team and if changing our style then Tiffoney could indeed be a very good acquisition.

Only time will tell...............

You can have doolan and that’s yer lot!