The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I'm sure 99% of games in Scotland could function perfectly adequately without the police. Would also save the clubs subsidising Police Scotland's overtime bill!

The vast majority of games in Scotland do. I bet you've hardly had a policed game all season? We've had two, one of which was Ayr due them defining it as a high risk derby.

3 hours ago, page1910 said:

If the league was suspended and made null and void would the league pay out prize money on the position that the clubs are in or hold onto the money for the until the following season as this season didn't count which would mean plenty of clubs shutting up shop due to no income so they cant operate  next season .

If it's declared null and void the only logical thing to do would be to pool any money due to each division and share it equally amongst the clubs in it.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

The way things are going tbh I can see this season being null and void or a simple 1st goes up and bottom goes down as it stands.

You cannot award anything based on "as it stands" at this stage. We haven't even all played the same amount of games! Thistle would be within their rights to note they are two points behind us with a game in hand. We've been to Firhill twice but they are still due to come to Palmerston, etc. It's unjustifiable. There's a single point between the top two in League One. Ridiculous to award it as it stands in that case.

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

They've said they dont have "extra" money. What reason would there be for not paying out the prize money?

The obvious potential answer to that is they may not have it. The tv contract is received in staged payments I believe, it's not all up front each season. That's why the clubs receive staged payments. It's perfectly possible that the tv contract allows for no further payments if the sport is suspended. The tv companies aren't going to pay for nothing.

If they cancel Euro 2020 to allow league games to be completed over the summer, most players would be out of contract and loans would end.
3/4 leagues are all but sewn up but relegation are far from it.

Fairest would be (checks current league table) promote all teams in play off positions, no relegation and expand leagues.
Have a re-balance next year more teams automatically relegated/promoted.
Award league trophy to the team currently top of their respective leagues.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Cue us putting out a match preview in about ten minutes time, would be the most ayr united thing to do ever

Is Andy Murdoch back ?

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You cannot award anything based on "as it stands" at this stage. We haven't even all played the same amount of games! Thistle would be within their rights to note they are two points behind us with a game in hand. We've been to Firhill twice but they are still due to come to Palmerston, etc. It's unjustifiable. There's a single point between the top two in League One. Ridiculous to award it as it stands in that case.

What other options do the SPFL have? No promotions or relegations.

That'll cause seeth at Dundee United, do get where you're coming from though about Partick, not fair on them to get relegated because of the coronavirus, would be some laugh though.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If they cancel Euro 2020 to allow league games to be completed over the summer, most players would be out of contract and loans would end.
3/4 leagues are all but sewn up but relegation are far from it.

Fairest would be (checks current league table) promote all teams in play off positions, no relegation and expand leagues.
Have a re-balance next year more teams automatically relegated/promoted.
Award league trophy to the team currently top of their respective leagues.

That's too much like common sense for the SPFL to do, they'll come up with their own unique shit show idea

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That'll cause seeth at Dundee United, do get where you're coming from though about Partick, not fair on them to get relegated because of the coronavirus, would be some laugh though.

It's a damned if they do, damned if they don't scenario, as whatever happens someone will lose out / potentially benefit.

If a suspension is the outcome then who picks up the players wages in the meantime ? Does Insurance cover that ? (I'd doubt it).

If we write off the season then Dundee United would rightly be furious about the outlay they've had in order to get them to the top of the tree and ultimately back to the Premier. On the other hand the likes of Thistle and Queens are potentially handed a "get out of jail free" card.

Further down the pyramid, the likes of Falkirk could end up in financial dire straits as they've also gambled heavily in coming straight back to the Championship.

Arbroath and even ourselves are other potential losers as our current league positions (and subsequent prize money) would be beyond what we both budgeted for.

In the Premier Celtic would obviously be scunnered and Rangers would have another chance to "halt" their dreaded "10 in a row".

Who knows, maybe it's all a masonic conspiracy to stop just that (you know Celtic fans like their conspiracies) ???

Seriously though, I don't envy the decision makers in this ever changing story.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's a damned if they do, damned if they don't scenario, as whatever happens someone will lose out / potentially benefit.

If a suspension is the outcome then who picks up the players wages in the meantime ? Does Insurance cover that ? (I'd doubt it).

If we write off the season then Dundee United would rightly be furious about the outlay they've had in order to get them to the top of the tree and ultimately back to the Premier. On the other hand the likes of Thistle and Queens are potentially handed a "get out of jail free" card.

Further down the pyramid, the likes of Falkirk could end up in financial dire straits as they've also gambled heavily in coming straight back to the Championship.

Arbroath and even ourselves are other potential losers as our current league positions (and subsequent prize money) would be beyond what we both budgeted for.

In the Premier Celtic would obviously be scunnered and Rangers would have another chance to "halt" their dreaded "10 in a row".

Who knows, maybe it's all a masonic conspiracy to stop just that (you know Celtic fans like their conspiracies) ???

Seriously though, I don't envy the decision makers in this ever changing story.

At the end of the day they'll probably wait and see what the Prem and EFL do down south and then decide. Honestly can't see the season restarting in a months time. Think the earliest would be a couple of months which is middle of May, unless the situation isn't really getting any worse or better by April they'll do closed doors just to get them finished and live stream all games online or something.

Don't think it's a situation anyone could have prepared for or would have expected to see in the modern era, nothing like that has happened since WW2. Clubs i feel sorry for cause football officials or Scottish Government don't seem willing to offer any sort of money to cover costs, not like down south where TV money is enough to cover income which goes back out to wages. In Scotland for most clubs it's the punters turning up on a Saturday afternoon who contribute to paying a lot of the wages..

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The same reason abandoned games after 88 minutes get replayed from the start.

They'll take no decision until it's clear how long we're stopped for. If we get back playing by mid April they might just about fit it in but I think that's a long shot. If it's into May then they'll have a choice of asking clubs to play 3 times a week to finish the season before the end of May or not.

Most clubs, certainly outside the Premiership, will have the vast majority of their players out of contract at the end of May or 9th June. There's a lot of talk down South about the postponement of Euro 20 allowing an extension to finish the season but the standard English contract runs to June 30th so they have a bit more time in hand. In Scotland that isn't typical. To extend the season is going to require clubs to extend playing contracts by a month or two and you can't force players to do that. Some will have pre-contracts to join other clubs on June 9th. Others will have holidays. Clubs are going to be chronically short of cash to pay staff as it is now never mind extending contracts. Players are unlikely to agree to play for nothing.

Personally I think if we're not back playing by early May they'll have the choice of declaring the season null and void or "finishing it" when we come back and accepting that will mean clubs having different players to finish the season with as the window will be open (FIFA could move the window to accommodate this better I suppose if football is off internationally). The problem with finishing this season at the start of next is it then means you will need to contract players without knowing if you are getting promoted, relegated or staying the same. Our budget for next season will be very different if we ultimately get relegated than if we stay up. It will also be different if we've got Hearts coming down twice rather than Hamilton!

They'll do anything they can to avoid that nonsense imo. They'll push an extension and maybe a return to closed door games if they think they are past a peak of new cases, as soon as they can. But ultimately they may have to abandon the season. Or perhaps extend it for the top division to let them sort out titles and Euro qualification. The likelihood is they'll be better able to afford an extension and it's where all the tv money is generated so more incentive to play it out.

It's a mess and we'll not really know what they can do until we have a better idea when we can resume.

15 minutes ago, rb123! said:

At the end of the day they'll probably wait and see what the Prem and EFL do down south and then decide. Honestly can't see the season restarting in a months time. Think the earliest would be a couple of months which is middle of May, unless the situation isn't really getting any worse or better by April they'll do closed doors just to get them finished and live stream all games online or something.

Don't think it's a situation anyone could have prepared for or would have expected to see in the modern era, nothing like that has happened since WW2. Clubs i feel sorry for cause football officials or Scottish Government don't seem willing to offer any sort of money to cover costs, not like down south where TV money is enough to cover income which goes back out to wages. In Scotland for most clubs it's the punters turning up on a Saturday afternoon who contribute to paying a lot of the wages..

Yes, it's a very difficult and fast moving situation and in reality the decision making process has been taken away from the Football authorities as this is Government (both at Scottish and UK level) who are now calling the shots.

Hard to see what other decision they could make.  It’s clear things are going to get worse before they get better in the next 3 or 4 weeks so zero chance of completing the season as scheduled.  Tonight’s game was effectively meaningless given the season was inevitably going to be suspended at the beginning of next season due to crowd restrictions.

Really only a matter of time until someone at one of the clubs falls ill pushing that whole club into self isolation which torpedoes the idea of soldiering on with small crowds or behind closed doors.

Obviously the financial implications are a major concern.  Would be appalled if any season ticket holder sought a part refund.  Personally I’d be happy to pay for the tickets I would have bought for upcoming games as a goodwill gesture.

7 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Obviously the financial implications are a major concern.  Would be appalled if any season ticket holder sought a part refund.  Personally I’d be happy to pay for the tickets I would have bought for upcoming games as a goodwill gesture.

Were you coming tonight? I can let you have an address for a cheque? 😉

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Were you coming tonight? I can let you have an address for a cheque? 😉

My own club, thank you!  I’m sure the Queens fans will come through for their own club!

But seriously, if we care about our clubs (we do), I think we might have to go the extra mile in the next few weeks.  I contribute to the AU500 fund but would be happy to up my contribution if it helps.

The mass gathering decree was supposed to be from Monday. Don’t see why they can’t even let the second division continue as low attendances. The thinking yesterday was about striking a balance between quarantine and the benefits of social interaction 

I agree.
I think they’ve done it from this weekend because down south have done the same. If they left it until Monday then there’d be people up in arms asking why they’re doing nothing.
Imo the sfa have shat it.

Schools are still open but all kids football is shut down. They've taken the easy decision, but f**k knows how clubs will cope.

3 hours ago, HMIP said:

Hard to see what other decision they could make.  It’s clear things are going to get worse before they get better in the next 3 or 4 weeks so zero chance of completing the season as scheduled.  Tonight’s game was effectively meaningless given the season was inevitably going to be suspended at the beginning of next season due to crowd restrictions.

Really only a matter of time until someone at one of the clubs falls ill pushing that whole club into self isolation which torpedoes the idea of soldiering on with small crowds or behind closed doors.

I believe an Inverness player has got it.

3 hours ago, HMIP said:

I'm a season ticket holder, however I certainly wouldn't be expecting or even wanting any sort of refund from our club.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

An Inverness player is in isolation because he doesn't feel well. There's absolutely no confirmation that he's got it.

Fair enough, although he might.

As we're not testing anyone anymore we'll probably never know unless he deteriorates and is admitted to raigmore.

Wonder what's happening at the club atm. If Kerr has told the players to come in for training or it's a case of go away, stay safe and you'll be called back to training when the season is going to restart (if it does)