The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Wonder what's happening at the club atm. If Kerr has told the players to come in for training or it's a case of go away, stay safe and you'll be called back to training when the season is going to restart (if it does)

I don't think Mark Carr will be taking any rashes.

Wonder what's happening at the club atm. If Kerr has told the players to come in for training or it's a case of go away, stay safe and you'll be called back to training when the season is going to restart (if it does)

Really depend if anyone at the club shows at symptoms or not.

You’ve got to wonder how intense the training will even be and how arsed the players will be given there’s a high chance this season won’t be finished.

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Players have the weekend off and currently down to return to training on Wednesday 

Really depend if anyone at the club shows at symptoms or not.

You’ve got to wonder how intense the training will even be and how arsed the players will be given there’s a high chance this season won’t be finished.
Was just that Gary Holt was on the news saying they're training as normal for a game next Saturday

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I agree.
Imo the sfa have shat it.

Schools are still open but all kids football is shut down. They've taken the easy decision, but f**k knows how clubs will cope.

I get the impression that some folk have yet to grasp the gravity of the situation.

I get the impression that some folk have yet to grasp the gravity of the situation.
Are you meaning me? I certainly understand the gravity (I've got severely deleted immunity, i hook up to a drip every night, and consequently I'll be low down the list when the ventilators are being handed out).

But complete lockdowns will not succeed in the long term. Timing is everything. You have to have some sense of normality, otherwise the social, mental, and obviously economic consequences become greater than the actual virus.

15 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

This no football is brutal specially when you come on and see some of the shit getting wrote on here emoji849.png

You've possibly got another six months of it to look forward to, just let that sink in for a minute...

At least it will give Kerr some time to work on a few things. Whether the club is still about by then to see it who knows.
I presume the club could effectively go into hibernation? I can see a situation where all contracts are ended and staff laid off until the income comes back.

Dreadful for those involved but the club itself will be able to rebuild (as everyone else will be in the same boat).

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Are you meaning me? I certainly understand the gravity (I've got severely deleted immunity, i hook up to a drip every night, and consequently I'll be low down the list when the ventilators are being handed out).

But complete lockdowns will not succeed in the long term. Timing is everything. You have to have some sense of normality, otherwise the social, mental, and obviously economic consequences become greater than the actual virus.

I can only judge from your own comment.  You’re suggestion that the SFA “shat it” was what drew my attention.   The idea that we can continue to play football in the current situation is absurd.  The government are saying that they expect 60% of the population (about 40 million people) to catch the virus with 8 million people experiencing severe symptoms and 50% of that number requiring hospital treatment of some kind.  The idea that we can plough on with non essential activity is just plain irresponsible.

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I presume the club could effectively go into hibernation? I can see a situation where all contracts are ended and staff laid off until the income comes back.

Dreadful for those involved but the club itself will be able to rebuild (as everyone else will be in the same boat).

I could see that happening to alot of clubs - outwith the Premiership and a couple of Championship clubs.

Not many clubs can afford to pay wages indefinitely, especially without receiving the income from matchdays. Some sort of state of "dormancy" until a suitable time seems a pretty likely outcome.

This is an unprecedented situation in the history of sport, and no "standard procedure" exists to outline how clubs deal with this unforseen lose of income.

Obviously public health comes first, but this is potentially a serious problem for alot of clubs and their employees. I just hope that a satisfactory resolution is found.

I heard about some kind of financial package for clubs being touted, but I'm not sure how much truth is in that.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Wages would have to be paid up until the contracts end or redundancy paid, not sure what impact that would have on finances, would the club scrape through? Maybe the board would have to fire in some additional cash.

One thing is certain though, we wouldn’t be the only club in turmoil. Raith, Falkirk, Morton, Queens would all definitely be in a spot of bother. Alloa too if you listen to their chairman.