The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

I’m 100% sceptical that we will see anything from any deal for Rose. It struck me at the time as bluster from McCall.

I don't think he could outright lie about it, but they will probably be caveats about how long he's at Coventry, payment terms etc.  For example, say it's 5% of £5m - £250,000.  That may be a significant sum for the club just now, but if it's payable in instalments, or at a defined period in the future,  then it may not be an immediate boost to Ayr's finances.  

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Michael Rose linked with Leeds today. Sizeable figures are the demands from Coventry fans on twitter and their forum if he is sold. We apparently have a sell on fee which could come in handy in the current climate. 

I wonder if its someone putting two and two together. Leeds under Bielsa is not for the faint hearted, he's very eccentric but at the same time a football genius by all accounts.

Would Leeds pay these kind of figures for a centre half to play in the English Premier after just one season in L1? 

I have big doubts that there is anything in this. 

26 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I wonder if its someone putting two and two together. Leeds under Bielsa is not for the faint hearted, he's very eccentric but at the same time a football genius by all accounts.

Would Leeds pay these kind of figures for a centre half to play in the English Premier after just one season in L1? 

I have big doubts that there is anything in this. 

I fear you are right.

18 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Surely this isn’t set in stone? I see no reason why we need to start behind closed doors if there is no second wave. By the time Jan rolls round we’ll have the usual flu outbreaks and folk will be fearful of that 😏

Yes, 100%.

The majority of Europe will be fully open by July / August, so I see absolutely NO REASON why we should still be in lockdown in October, frankly that's just utter madness and also highly unlikely I'd say.

Let's face it, if there's still a risk in October, then I can't see how this "risk" will have miraculously vanished by December or January or indeed any other future date which is randomly picked out the sky.

We either get back to normality within the next couple of months or we live forever in fear, that's about it for me.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, 100%.

The majority of Europe will be fully open by July / August, so I see absolutely NO REASON why we should still be in lockdown in October, frankly that's just utter madness and also highly unlikely I'd say.

Let's face it, if there's still a risk in October, then I can't see how this "risk" will have miraculously vanished by December or January or indeed any other future date which is randomly picked out the sky.

We either get back to normality within the next couple of months or we live forever in fear, that's about it for me.

We are just about to move into phase 2 of our heading out of lockdown plan, at the moment everything is going to plan.  The reason the majority of Europe is coming out of lockdown is that they actually took it and use of masks seriously, while here you have folk having a temper tantrum that they might have to wear one.

4 hours ago, third lanark said:

I agree we were absolutely rubbish (though I think QOS were equally awful)

Don’t think under the circumstances we have been tedious at all with our moaning.  We have only appeared in the media a few times. The demotion of 2 points behind with a game in hand is unfair under any circumstances. I’d say that’s worse than the hearts relegation.  If it had happened to Ayr I do believe Lachlan would have had a moan. Most of us kind of reluctantly accepted we now need to just get on with it in league 1.

hearts also know at some point they will be playing this year and though they will have a severe financial hit will survive.  We may now be in a scenario where we might not be able to play next season if the league goes into mothball in which case will we survive - I don’t know but the very existence of hearts has not been threatened in the same way that ours could be.  Again if it happened to any other club including Ayr then their chairman and fans would rightfully be having a moan too.

hopefully though the league one and two rumours of mothballing are just that rumours and come to nothing.  

No, you're right and I have no argument with you. It was more the statement from Low that annoyed me making out people were "out to get them" and wanting to "settle old scores", "kick you when you were down" etc, etc.

I just had the feeling that Low & Budge had gone "full sevco" and you NEVER want to go "full sevco".

4 hours ago, eez-eh said:

It was supposedly because we were very cooperative with Coventry at the time and Rose insisted on it. I don’t see any reason why McCall would have lied about it although I’d be surprised if it was as much as 10%, I thought 5% was suggested at the time.

5% was the figure I heard from various sources none of which are connected, so I'd think it definitely exists.

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, 100%.

We will be out of lockdown then but there will still be restrictions on public gatherings and domestic travel. There will 100% still be a risk in October and in to next year but looking at the cases from countries that are ahead of us and have handled it better, it will hopefully make the impact a lot less. I don't think we'll see a full house at any ground in Scotland next season, it'll be reduced capacity until at least the spring. 

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Big Donald had Tam English on strings. A great listen 

Finally got round to listening to it. You could literally sense the seeth oozing from Tom English. There isn't even a pretence of impartiality, everything is the SPFL's fault. He better be careful or the Beeb will bag him.

It was 3 v 1 and Findlay coped with them without hesitation, deviation or repetition. I thought I was listening to Just a Minute as it really was the Donald Findlay show.

I loved the bit where he said (I'm probably badly misquoting) "I must not be speaking english today as I've answered that three times already"

How is Sam roscoe winning the championship defender vote? Harvie was much better this year

Is that overall or just out of Ayr players?

When I voted earlier Jamie Robson was ahead of Harvie despite not being half as good as him. These things are a popularity contest anyway since most people will vote for their own teams players. Robby McCrorie should’ve easily won the GK vote yesterday.

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I agree Thistle haven't been tedious at all. I'd have expected more comment than they've made to be honest. I do think the last two paragraphs of yesterday's statement were self serving and unreasonable but given the circumstances understandable. I've said all along Thistle had far more grounds for complaint than Hearts or Stranraer had.

Hertz were 'at it' and we all know it. Thistle (well most of their fans) seem to be taking their mediciine, albeit reluctantly and, to be fair, I think they had far more chance of surviving in our league if played to a finish than Hertz ever had in the Self Preservation League (thus behaving accordingly). Get it up ye, Jambos, and welcome to our world - something closely resembling how Scottish football fucks the wee teams outside the OF. 

19 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Thistle (well most of their fans) seem to be taking their mediciine, albeit reluctantly and, to be fair, I think they had far more chance of surviving in our league if played to a finish 

Zero wins in 10 attempts in 2020 suggests otherwise. I think Thistle were on a death spiral tbh. It would have been Falkirkesque come season's end imo.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Zero wins in 10 attempts in 2020 suggests otherwise. I think Thistle were on a death spiral tbh. It would have been Falkirkesque come season's end imo.

To be fair we also had no wins in 10 attempts in 2020, our last one coming on Dec 28th at Ayr. The likelihood is our "race" to the bottom with Thistle would have mostly depended on the head to head at Palmerston due on 11th April.