The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Happy about new signings.... Sore one for McCall as Partick were interested in Murdoch and they wanted to keep Zanatta... Zanatta had a relegation release clause which he invoked to sign for us.... Good day all in all though 😊😊😊🤘🤘

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton
Correction

Don’t know what to make of Zanatta.  Looked a real player at Alloa, but seems to have stunk the place out at Partick.  They seem quite happy to be rid of him, so I think we can cool the talk about this being a blow for McCall.  To be fair, Partick seems to have been a black hole for both players and managers alike  over the last couple of seasons,  so hopefully Zanatta was just another victim of their malaise.  Fingers crossed.

Very Happy with today's news, was hoping we'd keep Bell and Moffat and really hoping Murdoch would re-sign, over and above this I'm fine with Muirhead re-signing as thought he was pretty decent in a holding midfield role and of course the signing of Zanatta is a big one at our level and gives us that bit of attacking flair that we'll have lost with Forrest. The signing I'm particularly happy / intrigued about is the Scotland full back from Boro, hopefully a great bit of business and the 2 year deal another added bonus.

All in all a very good day for Ayr United fans I'd say.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Zanatta is class, was wondering where he would end up. Dark horse to be signing of the season.

Ahahahaha. Zanatta is one of the biggest cowards I’ve ever seen play for Thistle, and we have had a lot of cowards in our time. He has some pace but, after his debut for us, was one of the most disappointing signings in recent years. Heart the size of a pea and him triggering his relegation clause was one of the few bright spots in an otherwise grim few months for Thistle. 

Zanatta is a shrewd bit of business imo. Different type of player to Forrest in that he could probably play up front as an actual striker as well as a winger.

I’d say the next order of business is a striker, goalkeeper and another central midfielder. I don’t think Harvie, Geggan or Gillespie will be here next season.

12 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Don’t know what to make of Zanatta.  Looked a real player at Alloa, but seems to have stunk the place out at Partick.  They seem quite happy to be rid of him, so I think we can cool the talk about this being a blow for McCall.  To be fair, Partick seems to have been a black hole for both players and managers alike  over the last couple of seasons,  so hopefully Zanatta was just another victim of their malaise.  Fingers crossed.

He is quite an erratic player. On his day quality and can also slip into anonymous mode. Could also say the same about Forrest I guess. Depends whether Kerr can bring the best out of him. McCall is usually quite good for that but didn’t manage with Zanatta

5 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

Ahahahaha. Zanatta is one of the biggest cowards I’ve ever seen play for Thistle, and we have had a lot of cowards in our time. He has some pace but, after his debut for us, was one of the most disappointing signings in recent years. Heart the size of a pea and him triggering his relegation clause was one of the few bright spots in an otherwise grim few months for Thistle. 

Not saying it’ll end up the same, but we’ve heard that about a few players we’ve signed. Shankland springs to mind.  

7 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

I’ll have a pint of Thistle tears please bar man. 

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Oh well , roll on next week to part 3 of the Ayr United announcements 

Any idea when Season Tickets are going to be put on sale? I always think it’s good to get them out while there is a feel good factor at the club.

Any idea when Season Tickets are going to be put on sale? I always think it’s good to get them out while there is a feel good factor at the club.
Have no idea why they aren't on sale, we must be one of the last to do so. I know we don't start until October but still.

Dunfermline have already sold about 1,500 meanwhile we've sold 0. Also may be an added benefit this season for having a season ticket if it guarantees you access to a game at Somerset where crowd numbers are capped.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Have no idea why they aren't on sale, we must be one of the last to do so. I know we don't start until October but still.

Dunfermline have already sold about 1,500 meanwhile we've sold 0. Also may be an added benefit this season for having a season ticket if it guarantees you access to a game at Somerset where crowd numbers are capped.

Dunfermline announced a number of  good signings then season ticket sales took off ,what’s the rush ? a number of fans prefer to see what they are going to watch before deciding either to buy or not , we will sell just as many tickets if not more than last year when they go on sale very soon.  Dunfermline also sold over 3000 last year so still a lot to sell , honestly can’t see the panic