The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Also don’t see how ICT can be third favourites either. I’d have us and Dunfermline ahead of them at the minute.

We dont even have a first choice keeper yet so not sure how you can come out and say that. If the 4 remaining signings are at a similar level to the signings we’ve made so far then we could be in for a decent season. 

We dont even have a first choice keeper yet so not sure how you can come out and say that. If the 4 remaining signings are at a similar level to the signings we’ve made so far then we could be in for a decent season. 
That's what all the bookies pre season odds are based on, what signings clubs have made so far.

As you say though if remaining signings are good then that might improve our chances. Still think top 4 will be a big ask, 5th will be about right IMO

Not much to get excited about in the AP. Doesn’t sound like anything is immediately imminent. It does say a move for a new number 1 is edging closer and MK is keen to use his network of contacts down south. 

Disappointingly we’ve still only sold less than 400 season tickets. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not much to get excited about in the AP. Doesn’t sound like anything is immediately imminent. It does say a move for a new number 1 is edging closer and MK is keen to use his network of contacts down south. 

Think a lot of people are hanging off to see what happens with start of season regarding crowds, don't want to be a downer but with figures having a rapid increase in last few days i can't see fans being allowed in for first game of our season. Do agree though numbers are poor considering a lot of other clubs seem to be breaking records for speed of fans snapping up season tickets, pretty sure Raith Rovers have sold over 1,000 already. Would say advertising has been pretty poor which hasn't helped plus i think they were far too late on going on sale, missed a trick by not getting them on sale in May/June IMO.

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Think a lot of people are hanging off to see what happens with start of season regarding crowds, don't want to be a downer but with figures having a rapid increase in last few days i can't see fans being allowed in for first game of our season. Do agree though numbers are poor considering a lot of other clubs seem to be breaking records for speed of fans snapping up season tickets, pretty sure Raith Rovers have sold over 1,000 already. Would say advertising has been pretty poor which hasn't helped plus i think they were far too late on going on sale, missed a trick by not getting them on sale in May/June IMO.

I’d say advertisement has been fine however I must admit I’m really disappointed at the lack of coverage around the players being back in training. I look at the likes of Raith and Morton’s twitter and see pictures of them being back in training but absoulotely nothing from ourselves.

I really think it would create a buzz that “Ayr United are back” and would lead to more season ticket sales. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see the SPFL have announced that clubs will be able to stream their league cup matches as long as the game is not on Premier Sports. Very welcome news imo

Kinda bittersweet tbh. Good in the sense that the club can stream the games, but bad because it makes it sound like there won’t be fans at these games 😞

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Disappointed at 400 !!! 6 weeks out from start of last season we had sold 91

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

On season tickets we are doing well against our fan base and based on last seasons figures , I would not be focusing on other clubs sales , went on sale in July when furlough allowed the person to return part time to set the system up , could not set up May or June as no one  was working 

Edited by Robbo63

I'm still to buy my first (full) adult season ticket so that'll be 401!

I'll be expecting an interview with AU Media and a personal thank you from the panda for finally buying one. 

Edited by itzdrk

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

On season tickets we are doing well against our fan base and based on last seasons figures , I would not be focusing on other clubs sales 

Why though? I always looked at the likes of Raith Rovers, Morton and QOTS sales as they are almost identical sized clubs to ourselves imo.