The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This team is absolutely going to end up in a relegation battle unless change is made soon. Performances are abysmal and not really sure what style of play Kerr is trying to introduce with this team but it's certainly not working.
The team is gutless and has no fight but should be making up for it in other areas because imo we actually have a decent squad. Also worrying that there seems to be some unrest in the dressing room with Anderson going back to Aberdeen. One thing that is clear is that Cameron's lack of ambition and choice of appointing a rookie manager has back fired once again (who'd have thought after Roberts). Kerr needs to go before we end up back in league 1 which is an utterly depressing thought.

Anderson going back to Aberdeen doesn’t point to dressing room unrest. And any chat of Cameron being unambitious should be put to bed after how well he backed Kerr in the summer.

There’s plenty of valid way to criticise Kerr but pointing to stuff like dressing room unrest, Cameron being unambitious or comparing him to Mark Roberts is complete and utter nonsense.

Fully expect us to lose at Elgin next week, scramble a point at home to Alloa then we are staring at 5 defeats to Pars, Dundee, ICT, Hearts, Raith. We will be in bottom 2, if not bottom, by the end of February. How do we stop the rot as the team have no belief?

I would be happy if we paid Zanatta to sit in the house on a Saturday, he'll be part time next year, any club that pays him a full time wage is a mug.

Apart from Reading, McCowan and Smith, you could bin the lot of them. 

People calling the team cowards on the match thread, there should be personal pride from some of these players and there is absolutely none, this looks like a Roberts team, as long as everyone has a good laugh we'll be ok. There is nothing that says this team wont get relegated, I have seen us play every team this season and the only team I would say that was worse than us is Alloa and even they are picking up results now. 

How can a team be so bad so quickly? This needs major surgery this month, 9 players in during the summer and with the exception of Smith, who we were lucky to get, every one has been absolutely stinking. Does Kerr get more money to spend on players? do we bring in a coach to help? do we sack Kerr and hope someone can change this team?

We have gone from being in a play-off race, to a mid-table bore-fest to a relegation contender in a month. This is fucked. 

Anderson going back to Aberdeen doesn’t point to dressing room unrest. And any chat of Cameron being unambitious should be put to bed after how well he backed Kerr in the summer.

There’s plenty of valid way to criticise Kerr but pointing to stuff like dressing room unrest, Cameron being unambitious or comparing him to Mark Roberts is complete and utter nonsense.
I know nothing about the reasons for Anderson returning to Aberdeen but that coupled with the teams general mental strength and susceptibility to crumbling in every match means that it is a possibility. It's either that or that Kerr just doesn't have a clue what he's doing? The comparison with Kerr and Roberts comes from the hoofball p*sh that's been witnessed every game this season.

9 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

This team is absolutely going to end up in a relegation battle unless change is made soon. Performances are abysmal and not really sure what style of play Kerr is trying to introduce with this team but it's certainly not working.
The team is gutless and has no fight but should be making up for it in other areas because imo we actually have a decent squad. Also worrying that there seems to be some unrest in the dressing room with Anderson going back to Aberdeen. One thing that is clear is that Cameron's lack of ambition and choice of appointing a rookie manager has back fired once again (who'd have thought after Roberts). Kerr needs to go before we end up back in league 1 which is an utterly depressing thought.

Absolutely spot on.  Kerr was a dumb appointment but that’s water under the bridge now.  What we need is an honest appraisal of where we find ourselves now.  Can the board find the money for 3 or 4 quality signings in January?  Could another manager get more out of this group of players?  Do we need serious back room changes?

Think that I'm feeling Kerr needs to go now as well. It's not been easy given the wider context of everything that's been happening but it's the same for every team and the performances just havent been good enough. I think he needed an experienced head alongside him, but without that it looks like he's been unable to instill a particular identity in the way we play or even a basic expectation amongst his players in terms of commitment.

Perhaps it's just an immediate reaction to the result today, but that's 4 in games on the bounce without a win and the collapses have been all too regular this season. Maybe I'll feel differently in the morning, that he should be at least given the January window to try and bring in some experience to arrest this worrying slide down the table, but the performances and now results eally haven't been good enough.

Absolutely spot on.  Kerr was a dumb appointment but that’s water under the bridge now.  What we need is an honest appraisal of where we find ourselves now.  Can the board find the money for 3 or 4 quality signings in January?  Could another manager get more out of this group of players?  Do we need serious back room changes?

I absolutely believe that this squad of players can finish top 5 of this league. Another manager could get a lot more out of these players. Don't ask me who though.

Just now, Ayr23 said:

I absolutely believe that this squad of players can finish top 5 of this league. Another manager could get a lot more out of these players. Don't ask me who though.

If Kerr goes before the end of the season, I'd put money on it being Moffat, purely because thats what always happens. 

Just now, Ayr23 said:
2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:
If Kerr goes before the end of the season, I'd put money on it being Moffat, purely because thats what always happens. 

I actually think that would be a worse appointment than Kerr!

Kerr not working out will poison most of the support against appointing from within for a while. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That would be worse than Roberts.  Would have to be somebody new to instil some order and discipline in the squad.

I don't even really want Kerr gone but I just can't see him  turning around the issues with this team

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

Has Kerr done an old SFA thing and implemented one formation/system right through the club, down to the youths?
I can't understand why we never ever change from the 4-2-3-1.

Our best players support that formation. I don’t think it’s a formation issue to be honest. The issue is in the four, the two and the one of that formation though. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Mark Kerr wasn’t the cheap appointment lads 

I’m assuming Stewart would have been. I doubt he’d be doing much worse tbh.

Does anyone know/remember who was on the final shortlist at the time?