The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don’t think that anything will happen today. I think Kerr himself knows he needs to go, that’s just based on his interviews he had given.

I also found it strange that no one from the club has mentioned the new coach. 
Something might give tomorrow. Smith and the board will no doubt be having conversations today about the state of things (I assume).

While other managers have been given time after a poor start at other clubs, this isn't the start for Kerr. He had about 4 months before the pandemic hit and has had about the same since.  Performances have gotten worse and show absolutely no sign of improvement and even Kerr looks like a broken man who knows it's just not worked out. Tough decisions have to be made now, before it's too late. 

It may also be the case that Smith wants someone ready to take over and Kerr already knows he’s out the door.

Fans will feel a lot better if we appointed someone straight after sacking Kerr rather than having to wait a week or two.

The clock is ticking on our season and we sit 2nd bottom of the league with no signs of winning a game against the vast majority of our opponents in this league.

We have a “high value” squad made up of highly regarded players for this division, assembled by the manager, and we have won 1 game in 9.

The new owner and chairman has expressed his desire to be in the top league in the land.

The two don’t fit so clearly something IS going to change.

Either the owner’s ambitions - or the management team and squad.

Alex Ferguson has a lot to answer for.  He is to blame for the  great “give the manager time” myth.  As if time has some magical quality that will inevitably turn things round.  The reality of course is that Ferguson was already a top class manager when he went to United and arguably never topped the single achievement of winning a cup winners cup with Aberdeen.  He was also tasked with breaking Liverpool’s 2 decades of domestic domination and turning round probably the biggest sleeping giant in world football.  Exceptional context and challenge for a manager who had earned the time to work it all out.  

But now that same  logic has to be applied to every lower league diddy irrespective of the evidence of your eyes and ears.  Kerr has had 18 months, 3 transfer windows and significant financial backing from the board.  And we are getting steadily worse.  We either need a strategy to get better or a strategy to move on.  At the moment we have neither.

Kerrs interview, we needed someone to put there foot on the ball in the midfield, the Ipswich boy comes to mind played in first team 6/7 times and unused sub again, the other boy from Ipswich a centre back played in midfield, unbelievable. Both players must be wondering what’s going on here.

59 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Were they in danger of being relegated? If yesterday wasn’t enough for Smith to let Kerr go then I’d be worried.

Yeah, Kerr has had 41 games, it's not like this is a knee jerk decision with a rookie manager.

The stats are now pretty grim (see below). 1 win in 10 league games is intolerable and indefensible. We have a 'must-win' game on Saturday and without change, I can't see us winning it.

Screenshot_20210228-111317_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

🤣🤣🤣 in the door two minutes and we’re losing patience with HIM. SRE for this pish.

Did I say fans are losing patience with him? No I didn’t. I’m saying that if he doesn’t act quickly fans WILL start losing patience with him as he is the only man that can remove MK from his position if he isn’t willing to walk. 

Is it tomorrow that they’re announcing what’s happening with league 1 and 2? I can see us waiting until then to decide about Kerr. The club may see it as “what’s the point in sacking him and having to pay the rest of his contract” when no relegation will happen anyway even if we finished bottom. If that’s the case I can see us sticking with him until this car crash of a season ends and then get someone new for next season 

Is it tomorrow that they’re announcing what’s happening with league 1 and 2? I can see us waiting until then to decide about Kerr. The club may see it as “what’s the point in sacking him and having to pay the rest of his contract” when no relegation will happen anyway even if we finished bottom. If that’s the case I can see us sticking with him until this car crash of a season ends and then get someone new for next season 

Tbh I’d hate for us to be looking for a new manager in the close season. We’ve got players out of contract and if they feel uncertain over who’s going to be manager they may decide to go elsewhere.

If relegation is scrapped I’d still let him go and it means we can properly take our time to find a new manager.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That shouldn’t change anything imo. If league 1 and 2 are declared null and void then that would allow the new guy 11 games to work with the players and decide on a plan for next season. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbh I’d hate for us to be looking for a new manager in the close season. We’ve got players out of contract and if they feel uncertain over who’s going to be manager they may decide to go elsewhere.

If relegation is scrapped I’d still let him go and it means we can properly take our time to find a new manager.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That shouldn’t change anything imo. If league 1 and 2 are declared null and void then that would allow the new guy 11 games to work with the players and decide on a plan for next season. 

The decision shouldn’t change anything but I know what we’re like for giving guys too much time. With no fans at games there’s really no backlash to results right now, unless the chairman is on here on the SRE. The Kerr experiment hasn’t worked. I doubted it would, and we need someone new in and half the players gone in the summer. We’re loyal to managers and I can see Kerr still being here v Morton  

I still believe null and void is extremely unlikely to happen. 8 teams in each league (League 1 & League 2) have to vote for that. Its no happening, a shorter season like 18 games is infinitely more likely. In such a scenario I imagine the play offs will also happen too.