The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Other than McCowan would you really be bothered? 

McCowan is the only one you could realistically build a team around.

I know he’s been injured but I still think Tom Walsh is a good asset in this league and I’d be keeping Moffat simply for his experience. Now that I actually think about it it’s actually the guys already signed up for next season I’d be happy to see go. Joe Chalmers being the main one.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I know he’s been injured but I still think Tom Walsh is a good asset in this league and I’d be keeping Moffat simply for his experience. Now that I actually think about it it’s actually the guys already signed up for next season I’d be happy to see go. Joe Chalmers being the main one.

Could it be the way chalmers is being asked to play? He should be an absolute baller at this level but he’s not. It could be that he needs a change in role. 

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Murdoch should be another one, we can’t dismiss him just based on this season. Houston should progress under the right management too, as should Baird who is still relatively young. 

Murdoch should be another one, we can’t dismiss him just based on this season. Houston should progress under the right management too, as should Baird who is still relatively young. 

Murdoch is still tied up for next season no?

I think Houston and Baird will do better depending on who else is playing in defence with them. Baird is okay I think next to Muirhead.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Houston and Baird will do better depending on who else is playing in defence with them. Baird is okay I think next to Muirhead.

I would put redding into keep list too, I think he needs to be properly coached. There is definitely a player in there. I think he is on a 2 year deal too 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No idea tbh - possibly! 
Yes I agree, I’m sure Baird and Houston may excel further next to an Adams/Bell type. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah. He signed a two year deal in the summer 

I'm not as convinced about McCowan as some on here. There's no doubt he has ability, but he's a frustrating player. Still some coaching needed for him to really fulfill his potential.

2 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:
42 minutes ago, D said:

I'm not as convinced about McCowan as some on here. There's no doubt he has ability, but he's a frustrating player. Still some coaching needed for him to really fulfill his potential.

McCowan has been our best player by a mile this season, plenty of goals and assists too. 

To stand out in his position with the utter shitshow around him is impressive. 

33 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Could it be the way chalmers is being asked to play? He should be an absolute baller at this level but he’s not. It could be that he needs a change in role. 

Based on what man? 

Probably a pointless exercise but I'd bin Baird as captain. A disappointing signing (although the same could be said about Chalmers, Walsh, Zanatta). Regardless, a big clear out is needed in the summer. Maybe move Moff into a coaching role as hes having less and less impact on games as the season goes on

All the defence and central midfielders are on two year deals , the show ponies and strikers are on one year deals .some are no doubt in the middle of organising next season’s free lunch . I’m actually ok with what we have at the back , maybe our own keeper and another centre back could be added for next season . It’s further up the park is the issue , we need a proper centre forward and a fit Moore or a Moore esq striker . Plus another two for the pool , Moff is done but could do a job from the bench , so a fourth striker is required as well .  Hopefully a fully firing Murdy with some extra help ,in one or two new guys that can tackle and pass . 

Of the fun boy three , only McCowan would interest me for next season , the other two will be on the move , I’d rather spend that budget on centre forward and and enforcer for midfield .

First things first and that phone call to Kettlewell ...

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Based on what man? 

Against Morton away in the first half he was the player I thought we had signed - dictating the game. Not seen it since. Who knows if that’s possible in the right set up or not - doesn’t look likely at the moment.