The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The lower league will go ahead imo.

Does the loan window end tonight? If Kerr is allowed to bring anyone in then I’d say that’s a strong indicator he’s being allowed to stay on.

Unless we have a new manager calling the shots and we have sacked Kerr but haven’t announced it

Was asked about Yogi from someone with input, said no as he'll strip the team due to his ego, Kerr has done that anyway, would have been better with the big guy that's got something about him, surprised how quickly Kerr has turned us to turgid pish. 

10 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Last weekend I thought Kerr needed 3 points from the next two games or he should go. With the Dundee game being cancelled that didn’t happen. I would give him the Morton game and then make a decision at that point 

I disagree we need to do it now Alloa are too close for that. Losing to Morton leaves us too many points behind

18 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Last weekend I thought Kerr needed 3 points from the next two games or he should go. With the Dundee game being cancelled that didn’t happen. I would give him the Morton game and then make a decision at that point 

I'm not sure I agree with your logic. One of those games was away at Dundee:

The Honest Men have just a 15% win rate at Dens Park and our last league win away from home against the Dark Blues came in January 1981.

Whilst our record at Cappielow is significantly better, before the capitulation in October we hadn't lost there in 2 seasons.

The danger with this give him one more game is that we end up sleep walking to relegation. He's had ample time to turn it round. There is no evidence to show he can. We've been uninspiring all season.

Edited by Trogdor

4 Away games, 3 games against inconsistent teams and one against Hearts. at the start of the season I'd be looking for at least 7 points out of those games, currently I don't think we will take any. 

If that is the case, we would be looking at 7 games left of the season, including Alloa and Arbroath away. 

There are to many clubs between us and the promotion play-offs to see that as realistic any more, we'd be looking at to many clubs dropping points. Our focus in the short term should be securing 8th now. 

A new manager may not give us a bounce but we have given Kerr a window to put it right and brought in a coach to help and we are still getting easily beat. This season has been an abject failure to this point. We have reached the stage that something has to be done. Kerr's plan is to play himself seemingly. 

At least he's not taken the team to an SAS training camp yet. 

6 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Correct on Burley, and he wasn’t sacked he left Barr wanted to cut back on Dale Roberts as he was off sick George refused and he agreed to go, two months later Dale Roberts died cancer related.

Rubbish.  Barr wasn’t even chairman at the time.  Roberts died years after leaving Ayr.

Edited by HMIP

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbh I’d hate for us to be looking for a new manager in the close season. We’ve got players out of contract and if they feel uncertain over who’s going to be manager they may decide to go elsewhere.

If relegation is scrapped I’d still let him go and it means we can properly take our time to find a new manager.

Other than McCowan would you really be bothered? 

16 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Rubbish.  Barr wasn’t even chairman at the time.  Roberts died years after leaving Ayr.

Episode 2 Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

7 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Getting the worrying feeling that Kerr is still going to be in charge at the weekend

Too early to make that assessment tbh. I doubt a decision will be taken until tomorrow.