The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Conceded 4 at home to Ross County and was subbed off "injured" at half time in what was Neil Watt's last game.

One of many of his Stranraer boys who never played/appeared again after that. Think only Murray Henderson made it to the end of the season.  

Now he was a bombscare.

I remember him coming on for Campbell (when he got injured - surprise surprise) and we were leading 1 nil and two Henderson brainfarts and we lost 2-1. It may have been against Stirling Albion (not 100% sure).

10 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Oh my word, that is the most ludicrous thing I have ever read 😆. Ayr can't even dream of being a premiership team, you've been punching above your weight in the championship for goodness sake.

5cd0746141908_giphy(2).gif.06c6a115849f284fdfdacdeaebfed086.gif

17 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Oh my word, that is the most ludicrous thing I have ever read 😆. Ayr can't even dream of being a premiership team, you've been punching above your weight in the championship for goodness sake.

It's been around 43 years since we were in the top tier. How is that punching above our weight??

40 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Imagine going on a fishing trip after losing to Cove fucking Rangers. What a loser

Yeah we've just had one of the most embarrassing defeats in our history today so I wouldn't dare go on a fishing trip, my comment wasn't an attempt at fishing. I genuinely am amazed you think it is even remotely realistic to think Ayr could play in the premiership or even contest at the top end of the championship. 

I think today is the first day where I have been reading the Ayr thread. Got to the end of a page and another page has been started, got to the end and another new page has started. 

Not one voice supporting Hopkin, 6 weeks in to the job and not one voice saying give him the first couple of months of next season.

it has been that bad

Yeah we've just had one of the most embarrassing defeats in our history today so I wouldn't dare go on a fishing trip, my comment wasn't an attempt at fishing. I genuinely am amazed you think it is even remotely realistic to think Ayr could play in the premiership or even contest at the top end of the championship. 

It’s entirely unrealistic to think Ayr could compete at the top end of the Championship apart from the time that we did exactly that. Same season Falkirk got relegated funnily enough.

I think today is the first day where I have been reading the Ayr thread. Got to the end of a page and another page has been started, got to the end and another new page has started. 

Not one voice supporting Hopkin, 6 weeks in to the job and not one voice saying give him the first couple of months of next season.
it has been that bad

Tbf I’m of the belief that we should give him the start of next season but that is literally only because of the time it took him to get it right at Livingston. Plus the benefit of the doubt I’m giving I’m with regards to the majority of players he’s having to choose from being either shite or not interested or both.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

It’s entirely unrealistic to think Ayr could compete at the top end of the Championship apart from the time that we did exactly that. Same season Falkirk got relegated funnily enough.

Yes, both our relegation and your position in the championship that season were as unbelievably unlikely as each other. Ayr have had a phenomenal few years and there's no doubt about it, but you have to be realistic when the great times inevitably end. 

Yes, both our relegation and your position in the championship that season were as unbelievably unlikely as each other. Ayr have had a phenomenal few years and there's no doubt about it, but you have to be realistic when the great times inevitably end. 

That’s enough trolling for one night. Back into the bin you go where you belong.

Am i right in saying that we've accepted our fate now?

I'm not reading back on the million posts today but I'm guessing that we now know we're doomed.

Technically there are a few things that could stop that being the case but does any ayr fan think we've got a 50/50 chance of staying in the division?

I'm choosing to come to terms with it, rather than hanging on to hope.

57 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Now he was a bombscare.

I remember him coming on for Campbell (when he got injured - surprise surprise) and we were leading 1 nil and two Henderson brainfarts and we lost 2-1. It may have been against Stirling Albion (not 100% sure).

He didn't chuck it like Corr, Hamilton and Moore so he get more respect from me than they do.

Didn't realise he was still at the club when we got promoted although he only had 1 start and 2 sub appearances so that would explain why.

I guess it was this game http://www.dsargent.co.uk/Season_0809/Stirling_Jan09/Gallery.html

22 minutes ago, MS RR said:

See if it was 6 or 7. Maybe. But getting beat 4-0 off in a league game off a team a point or 2 behind you hardly qualifies surely. And you can give it the part time shout all you want but since the turn of the year we’ve only lost 3 in 14 and have picked up 26 points or something. 

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Am i right in saying that we've accepted our fate now?

I'm not reading back on the million posts today but I'm guessing that we now know we're doomed.

Technically there are a few things that could stop that being the case but does any ayr fan think we've got a 50/50 chance of staying in the division?

I'm choosing to come to terms with it, rather than hanging on to hope.

You’re not doomed. This leagues wild. Could easily win next 2 and it wouldn’t surprise me even if you was gash today.

I really dont think it is. On paper that squad we have should have been in the hunt for 2nd place, not 2nd bottom. Walsh, Chalmers, Baird, Miller, Zanatta, Anderson etc all came with a good pedigree for this level. There is no way in hell we would be seeing these half arsed performances at Somerset if we had been there. The SRE just wouldnt have allowed the malaise to go on as long as it has 

Can we get this utterly pish idea that this was ever a squad that was likely to be challenging at the top end of the Division rather than the bottom in the bin.

Go and have a look at the thread about what player from every other team in the League posters would like in their squads - there’s plenty of posts where people wouldn’t take a single player of ours and to be honest I think they’re right - you could bin this whole squad and start from scratch and it’s difficult to argue that wouldn’t be the best course of action.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s enough trolling for one night. Back into the bin you go where you belong.

It's not trolling, you might not like what I'm saying but that doesn't mean it's trolling. 

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Can we get this utterly pish idea that this was ever a squad that was likely to be challenging at the top end of the Division rather than the bottom in the bin.

Go and have a look at the thread about what player from every other team in the League posters would like in their squads - there’s plenty of posts where people wouldn’t take a single player of ours and to be honest I think they’re right - you could bin this whole squad and start from scratch and it’s difficult to argue that wouldn’t be the best course of action.

Obviously nobody from other clubs would want any of our players now, but I'm sure at the start of the season a few would have bit your hand off for Walsh, Zanatta, Baird, Chalmers. We should have been challenging at the top half of the table, no doubt about that 

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf I’m of the belief that we should give him the start of next season but that is literally only because of the time it took him to get it right at Livingston. Plus the benefit of the doubt I’m giving I’m with regards to the majority of players he’s having to choose from being either shite or not interested or both.

If he gets it wrong though we could end up in a relegation battle at the bottom of league one next season though, is that a risk worth taking?

League 1 is no walk in the park, in fact i reckon probably most of the top half of league 1 could give the bottom half of the Championship a real close run game and probably beat certain teams, ourself included.

If we somehow still manage to finish 8th we honestly deserve a special recognition award for being a shower of shite and managing to not even finish in the bottom two.

Edited by rb123!

If he gets it wrong though we could end up in a relegation battle at the bottom of league one next season though, is that a risk worth taking?
League 1 is no walk in the park, in fact i reckon probably most of the top half of league 1 could give the bottom half of the Championship a real close run game and probably beat certain teams, ourself included.
If we somehow still manage to finish 8th we honestly deserve a special recognition award for being a shower of shite and managing to not even finish in the bottom two.

For us to end up in a relegation battle in League One would take a special kind of shite being signed over the summer. It could well happen but it could just have easily have happened when McCall took us down and had he got it wrong.

It’s a shite league to get out of and of course we’ll have to compete with Queens Park, Alloa and two of Falkirk, Partick Thistle, Airdrie and Cove (likely the latter two. Most of which are also pretty unhappy with their manager and I’m sure it won’t be long before Queens Park fans find out McKinnon is a dud as well.