The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yeah, mum had a shot of my phone there. Had to edit it to say it was her. I will now hang my head in shame. 

Quick change of subject, what the f**k has happened to Kirkcaldy? Anybody else read the scores and laugh? 

Think you should hide your phone then lol. 

I did laugh but it did scunner my coupon for £500 odd quid. 

12 hours ago, Hursty said:

Without wanting to dampen everyones spirits, during radio commentary Billy Dodds tipped us for 4th or 5th today, so we are probably fucked. 

Significant difference between Chick Young doing this after a fairly lucky win against ICT during the Reid years, and Dodds doing it after absolutely bossing a group containing two league rivals.

(that said, I've no hopes of anything except a struggle as usual, especially after Shankland leaves for Liverpool in January.)

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

If we do get Hearts, I hope that it's not like the last Hearts game, where Ayr won on penalties.

Coming back from a goal down against higher league opposition, and then going through, under the floodlights?

My cousin says that was literally the best night of his life up until that point.

Edited by Thumper

5 minutes ago, Waniche said:

did laugh but it did scunner my coupon for £500 odd quid. 

Ooft, sare yin. I never made much myself to be fair :-(. Must be something bad going on up there, last season they were pretty shite but at least got a semi-decent game. This season just looks like they have gave up totally. Chairman f*cked off and no decent players. 

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Coming back from a goal down twice against opposition two leagues higher up, and then going through, under the floodlights?

My cousin says that was literally the best night of his life up until that point.

It was a good game, though looking back then and looking at what Ayr has now, I wouldn't put it past Mccall to blow this Hearts team away. Not a fan of Craig '4-6-0' Levein either. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

6 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Worried that Shankland is doing a wee bit too well at this stage and we could end up facing a sneaky 100k bid from someone before the transfer window closes...

He's worth a shit load more than that surely :-/

31 minutes ago, Thumper said:

During the majority of my time supporting Ayr United we have been in the third tier.  The Hibs game were we won 1-0 with Roberts goal and the aforementioned Hearts game were the best nights of my life at that point as well.

32 minutes ago, Thumper said:

especially after Shankland leaves for Liverpool in January.)

I was thinking about that the other day, Steve Nicol moving from a Scottish first division team straight in to an English Championship winning team, I couldn't even tell you when it last happened to an SPL team never mind below that. 

24 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Billy Dodds....product of the Ayr United boys club.....one that slipped through the net and came back to haunt us. B&Q cup final. There’s one other striker but I can’t remember who, was it Owen Coyle? 

Joe Mcbride, Colin West and Keith Wright? 

3 minutes ago, Edmond Dantès said:

During the majority of my time supporting Ayr United we have been in the third tier.  The Hibs game were we won 1-0 with Roberts goal and the aforementioned Hearts game were the best nights of my life at that point as well.

When Eddie Annand penalty. My papa cried all the way back home from Hampden. Life changer for me. 

23 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Worried that Shankland is doing a wee bit too well at this stage and we could end up facing a sneaky 100k bid from someone before the transfer window closes...

Yes, but what a player is worth and what you actually get for him are very different.  Would be hard for Ayr to turn down that kind of money for anyone.

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

When Eddie Annand penalty. My papa cried all the way back home from Hampden. Life changer for me. 

We moved from London to Scotland that same day and arrived at my Grandparents house in time to watch the game on the telly. I got into trouble for charging around their house and banging on walls when Annand scored.

22 minutes ago, Edmond Dantès said:

We moved from London to Scotland that same day and arrived at my Grandparents house in time to watch the game on the telly. I got into trouble for charging around their house and banging on walls when Annand scored.

I was only twelve at the time. The moment the ball connected with the back of the net is up there with the birth of my child*, getting married and winning £1500 on a lottery win.

*I was not allowed to call my little boy Eddie. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Yes, but what a player is worth and what you actually get for him are very different.  Would be hard for Ayr to turn down that kind of money for anyone.

For teams like us, players like Shankland only come about once in a generation if you’re lucky. We’ve been through some utter shite over the last twenty years, I would be raging if we accepted a bid of 100K.

I’m 28 and you’re going back 15/20 years for someone as good.

Gary Teale, Glynn Hurst days :-) Shankland is on a new level No_Problemo. I don't think he will leave tbh, he has too many friends at Ayr now. The way they play is because they actually enjoy each others company and work as a unit.