The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

34 minutes ago, Panda Pies said:

One for your hate list Roxy - Ray montgomrie

Andrei Kanchelskis. Simply for standing on the ball in 1999. Fucking showboating p***k. I'm sure Amuruso tried that trick too and fell on his arse. 

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Andrei Kanchelskis. Simply for standing on the ball in 1999. Fucking showboating p***k. I'm sure Amuruso tried that trick too and fell on his arse. 

I thought I erased that from my mind.  

Would’ve been cool as f**k if he wasn’t playing for Rangers and we weren’t getting pumped.

Pretty sure that Dalziel tore John Robertson to pieces in the dressing room after it for not giving him a kicking and minutes later Kanchelskis showed up out the dressing room asking to swap shirts with him.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would’ve been cool as f**k if he wasn’t playing for Rangers and we weren’t getting pumped.

Pretty sure that Dalziel tore John Robertson to pieces in the dressing room after it for not giving him a kicking and minutes later Kanchelskis showed up out the dressing room asking to swap shirts with him.

It's rather backwards of Dalziel to do that imo. I'd have told him to shove the shirt up his arse. 

I suppose that, despite being the manager in probably Ayrs most Successful period, he should be on the hate list for underachieving with the finances he had at his disposal. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Maybe some Rangers fans with long memories had told him about the league game at Ibrox in September 1959.  Midway through the 2nd half with Ayr 3-0 up, our number 10, Sam McMillan, sat on the ball and pretended to tie his laces. Went down well with the Ibrox faithful !

5 hours ago, jm86 said:

Maybe some Rangers fans with long memories had told him about the league game at Ibrox in September 1959.  Midway through the 2nd half with Ayr 3-0 up, our number 10, Sam McMillan, sat on the ball and pretended to tie his laces. Went down well with the Ibrox faithful !

Pics?

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Bad news about Geggan. Might be useful to see Ferguson getting tested at this level as it may influence the type of defender that arrives

It'll be good to see how good Ferguson is, I wrote him off as a right back early last season(probably correctly at the time), I think he's improving and a wee run in the team if he plays well won't do him any harm.

Still think we need another centre half, probably a no nonsense type to compliment players like Rose.

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Bad news about Geggan. Might be useful to see Ferguson getting tested at this level as it may influence the type of defender that arrives

“The type of defender that arrives”, what’s the gossip? Is it imminent? Or are you just waiting on Ferguson delivering a performance. 

5 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Kris boyd

Yes agreed, he has scored far too many goals against Ayr at Somerset..... LOL! 

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

I really hope Ferguson can improve. A few players have tried to step up and failed. Ferguson imo struggled in league one last season a few times. I hope Geggan has a quick recovery :-) 

Edited by Roxanne's man

22 minutes ago, Waniche said:

“The type of defender that arrives”, what’s the gossip? Is it imminent? Or are you just waiting on Ferguson delivering a performance. 

Sure McCall said a few weeks back that he expects another centre half to sign 

7 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Sure McCall said a few weeks back that he expects another centre half to sign 

Thought that was before the triple signing. If Higgins is fit soon I doubt it. Would prefer cover for LB. 

(Including injuries) At RB we have Geggan, Ferguson and Rose if need be. CB Higgins, Rose, Bell, Adams and LB just Harvie....although Ferguson played on the left a couple of times last season. Haven’t really seen much of the academy players to know wether they’d be adequate cover. If only there was an ambidextrous defender somewhere, we’d be sorted. 

38 minutes ago, Waniche said:

If only there was an ambidextrous defender somewhere, we’d be sorted. 

Spoke to the Train ticket fella at Troon this morning, daily occurrence for myself. He supports Killie. Though he told me that he has heard rumours of Paul Quinn from Dundee United going to Ayr.

Dunno where he heard the rumours and i never asked many questions. Though it's my belief that Quinn has had a lot of health scares. Dunno if that would be a good signing. Anyone know anymore on this? 

12 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Spoke to the Train ticket fella at Troon this morning, daily occurrence for myself. He supports Killie. Though he told me that he has heard rumours of Paul Quinn from Dundee United going to Ayr.

Dunno where he heard the rumours and i never asked many questions. Though it's my belief that Quinn has had a lot of health scares. Dunno if that would be a good signing. Anyone know anymore on this? 

A Killie supporting train conductor in Troon, hope you checked you still have your wallet!

Nope not heard that one but heard we are still keeping tabs on Stewart at Airdrie. Especially as his dad is now a coach with us. However he signed a new deal with them so would need to pay a fee which I can’t see happening anytime soon.  Also Turner at Stranrank but he’s being linked with West Brom. That’s the only rumours I’ve heard and probably only a minuscule amount of truth in it tbh. 

8 minutes ago, Waniche said:

probably only a minuscule amount of truth in it tbh. 

Same with all rumours tbf :-(

The only semi-decent defender I could think of that Ayr could sign on the cheap was Frank Mcgeown. Signed for Alloa in the latter half of last season. Worked as a fireman during the Clutha incident. That's just me throwing shitty ideas about, though he can play on the left.