The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Someone on the SRE FB page commenting on a post about the McDonald's sponsorship about a signing coming soon.

Don't know if there's any truth to it or not.

I’m not on FB but someone needs to tell the SRE that anybody can read their trivial pish. That post (of which got deleted)  with an Ayr badge on a St Gayorges cross, Irish tricolour and Palestine flag was an abomination. Wether it was a piss take against the Union Jack post I don’t know. 

One thing this season is that we all stand together, all outside beliefs and disbeliefs aside. Too many a time we’ve bickered and fought amongst ourselves. 

I’m not on FB but someone needs to tell the SRE that anybody can read their trivial pish. That post (of which got deleted)  with an Ayr badge on a St Gayorges cross, Irish tricolour and Palestine flag was an abomination. Wether it was a piss take against the Union Jack post I don’t know. 
One thing this season is that we all stand together, all outside beliefs and disbeliefs aside. Too many a time we’ve bickered and fought amongst ourselves. 

Yeah the post was a joke and clearly taking the piss out of the guy who thought it’d be a good idea to buy an Ayr and Leeds flag with a Union Jack behind it.

I’ve no issue with a Union Jack or people liking it but having one at the ground makes us look like the ****. Not a fan of that.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah the post was a joke and clearly taking the piss out of the guy who thought it’d be a good idea to buy an Ayr and Leeds flag with a Union Jack behind it.

I’ve no issue with a Union Jack or people liking it but having one at the ground makes us look like the ****. Not a fan of that.

Me neither. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, fly their flag etc. It’s up to them if they want to cause offence to others and deal with the repercussions. Doesn’t bother me unless it’s completely offensive. 

Edmond, I deleted my rebuttale but thanks for deleting the post. 

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not wanting to get into a big discussion but there’s no difference having a Union Jack at the game as there is having a Saltire. I get the Union Jack is linked with Rangers but that’s not our fault. 

Not wanting to get into a big discussion but there’s no difference having a Union Jack at the game as there is having a Saltire. I get the Union Jack is linked with Rangers but that’s not our fault. 

I don’t agree with having any flag tbh. Saltire or Union Jack. It just so happens that the Saltire is on our badge so that’s pretty unavoidable.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t agree with having any flag tbh. Saltire or Union Jack. It just so happens that the Saltire is on our badge so that’s pretty unavoidable.

I don't personally hold any grudge against anyone who specifically holds a flag close to their religion. The fact Ayr has the flag of the country they play in isn't exactly a crime tbf. 

Though I have to admit I'm not a fan of the new Rangers away shirt. Not because of the Union Jack in the corner of it but because of the unnecessary trouble that will surely bring. Again, I wish to reiterate that I've nothing against any religion, though I don't believe it should have a place in the game of football. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Disagree a wee bit. Flags are a way of showing a group of support rather than individuality. Saltire and Union Jack debate has been going on probably since the first flag at Somerset. Never mind, better things to have an Ayr United discussion about. 

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Murphy is the one youngster I was looking forward to seeing this season, if any of them were going to get any game time,  and the one that I wouldn't have sent out on loan.

Took the words out my mouth. Murphy looks promising. Though I'm certain he would rather be a star player for Glenafton than a bit part player for Ayr. Good deal for Glenafton, I'm sure he will prove his worth. 

35 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You could argue there is a difference, though. On a footballing level Ayr United “represent” Scotland, not the UK. There’s no such thing as a UKFA.

Regardless, I’d rather Union Flags were avoided at all costs purely due to the negative connotations it has in Scottish football.

Murphy is the one youngster I was looking forward to seeing this season, if any of them were going to get any game time,  and the one that I wouldn't have sent out on loan.

My mate told me after the reserve game last week that he wasn’t great. Looked too light and shirked out of a lot of tackles. Compared to Faulds and Ecrepont who weren’t afraid to put themselves about and could hold their own against the other players.

He might be very gifted technically but if he’s not up the standard physically then sending him out to the juniors is probably the best bet. McCall knows that he has a lot of potential and he’ll probably be better than most of the players at that level so this move should toughen him up a bit before he’s tested properly.

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Regardless, I’d rather Union Flags were avoided at all costs purely due to the negative connotations it has in Scottish football.

Well said. Union Jack's are far too easily misinterpreted as religious. The whole Protestant/Catholic crap that certain Celtic/Rangers fans bring ruins Scottish football imo. I'm not saying they are all like that, though football should be viewed as a game, not a reason for war. 

If he was one people were looking forward to seeing, surely he would have got a loan move to a league two side.

When is Ecrepont 16?, get the feeling if i remember rightly from the McCall interview it's around now.

Expect he could be a feature on the bench quite often this season and wouldn't be surprised if he gets a run out in the Irn Bru cup game at Queens Park along with Higgins returning in that game aswell.

Is that everyone elses feelings or am i getting a bit carried away with how good Ecrepont is.