The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Highlights are up! Shanklands goal is a thing of beauty.

Watching them it could’ve been Partick 2-10 Ayr, we looked like scoring every time we got within 20yards of goal.

The first goal was magnificent thanks to excellent pressing by Robbie Crawford, didn’t give up and pressured the defender into an awful error.

Got a really good feeling about this season.

Well done to Crawford for the pressure leading up to the first goal.

Looked like an excellent performance from the highlights.

Great to have a clean sheet too.

Without wanting to dampen everyones spirits, during radio commentary Billy Dodds tipped us for 4th or 5th today, so we are probably fucked. 
As long as we keep perspective.

We're going to concede a lot of goals and lose a lot of games this season. There's just no doubt about that. But we're going to score goals and it looks likely we'll win a good load too, and even when we don't it's going to be exciting, attacking football.

Ferguson looked weak yesterday, and Thistle got in behind us a lot in the first half. They lacked a cutting edge and that won't be the case for a lot of our opponents this year. I like Ferguson though, and hopefully he can improve with further full time training.

But holy f**k this is an exciting time for us (relative to the last 15 years), so let's enjoy it.

As long as we keep perspective.

We're going to concede a lot of goals and lose a lot of games this season. There's just no doubt about that. But we're going to score goals and it looks likely we'll win a good load too, and even when we don't it's going to be exciting, attacking football.

Ferguson looked weak yesterday, and Thistle got in behind us a lot in the first half. They lacked a cutting edge and that won't be the case for a lot of our opponents this year. I like Ferguson though, and hopefully he can improve with further full time training.

But holy f**k this is an exciting time for us (relative to the last 15 years), so let's enjoy it.

I did say my old man at the game that I usually feel better when Ferguson has the ball at his feet compared to when he is defending. Was beaten easily on his inside by Storey a few times and could be a weak link, but I hope that he is able to improve. Can’t fault his work ethic, just needs some more time on upper body strength and positioning I feel.

Anyone got Bt sport? Hoping for either Motherwell or Hearts. Anyone but Airdrie cbf with them. 

It will be screened live on BT Sport following their coverage of Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, kick-off 3.30pm. 

If we do get Hearts, I hope that it's not like the last Hearts game, where Ayr won on penalties. Big Andy Webster apparently 'Running the show' as he claimed afterwards that it was poor set pieces that let them down. Knob. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Listening to off the ball last night, Ayr were nominated for team of the day for having a 100% record and Shankland for his goal-scoring. 

It was funny hearing all the emails from Dunfermline fans being read out

What about us? we're special to, please tell us we are special

Ayr winning, wonder goal scored, tip of Hursty for Shankland to score anytime at 3/1, backing Ayr with £50 at 9/2......carlsberg don’t do Saturdays lol. 

Only thing I could have complained about was the horror score with Cove and Raith beating an 8 team accumulator......however pissing myself laughing was even sweeter. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

If we do get Hearts, I hope that it's not like the last Hearts game, where Ayr won on penalties. Big Andy Webster apparently 'Running the show' as he claimed afterwards that it was poor set pieces that let them down. Knob. 

Webster wasn't even playing.

All the players looked very comfortable on the ball yesterday, were settled in their surroundings and most certainly did not look out of place for a team just up against a team just down from the Prem.

I think McCall can maybe smell a wee bit of cash from the next round to hopefully pay for another player.

I really hope we can get between 2,000 and 3,000 home fans next week. I know it will be a big ask for a number of reasons, but this team is well worth it, deserve it and it will be great to show that we are a club to take seriously.

Roll on Flag Day!!!

Edited by AUFC 1910

14 minutes ago, Edmond Dantès said:

Webster wasn't even playing.

I know but he was on the TV giving it the whole 'we should win this blah blah blah, easy game blah blah' how it changed afterwards. Set pieces were to blame. 

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

All the players looked very comfortable on the ball yesterday, were settled in their surroundings and most certainly did not look out of place for a team just up against a team just down from the Prem.

I think McCall can maybe smell a wee bit of cash from the next round to hopefully pay for another player.

I really hope we can get between 2,000 and 3,000 home fans next week. I know it will be a big ask for a number of reasons, but this team is well worth it, deserve it and it will be great to show that we are a club to take seriously.

Roll on Flag Day!!!

I hope so too mate. Seems every one of my mates have went and got season tickets although a couple of them can only make the odd game. 

Absoloutely loving the buzz just now. In over 30 years of supporting Ayr through thick and thin this is a great feeling. Long let it continue. 

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think it was Zakiukas that skipped to let in Wardlaw for the equaliser?

And two minutes later a slip by Marius Zaliukas 20 yards from his own goal allowed Wardlaw to drive through on goal and shoot past Balogh.

Yup :-) 

12 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Pity the open day was cancelled, understandable as I had visions of a muddy Glastonbury.  Don’t know why it’s not on the official site as not everybody has FB. 

My mum wanted to go to that, wanted to see if Shankland would be her new boyfriend. Somehow I feel I'd be OK with that, banging them in at Somerset and banging..... Nevermind. 

Mums crappy joke, not mine. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

My mum wanted to go to that, wanted to see if Shankland would be her new boyfriend. Somehow I feel I'd be OK with that, banging them in at Somerset and banging..... Nevermind. 

Mums crappy joke, not mine. 

Oh dear........there’s just some things you shouldn’t post mate.

Just now, Waniche said:

Oh dear........there’s just some things you shouldn’t post mate.

Yeah, mum had a shot of my phone there. Had to edit it to say it was her. I will now hang my head in shame. 

Quick change of subject, what the f**k has happened to Kirkcaldy? Anybody else read the scores and laugh?