The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It's only a couple of weeks back that he signed on and there was interest from SPL and League 1 England, so I don't see why he would suddenly be in a rush to leave before the season even starts.

Dundee away

Not great but winnable..........

Neil 'Mccannyhandleshankland' is going to have it cut out for him. Lower league premiership crap vs up and coming Championship side. Ayr will win against Dundee. 

Partick got Celtic, so they are pretty much out but get their paycheck at the same time :-(

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Well Dundee seem certain that this is an easy draw for them.

By basically any metric except current form and the intangible feeling of greatness coming together, it is.

Still, great draw for Ayr too. Wish there was more notice for this so I could get over, fucking love a day in Dundee.

Pretty horrendous draw.

Another SFA joke that seeded teams like us have got an away tie two years in a row meanwhile two unseeded teams in Partick Thistle and them lot up the road get home ties.

Only slight glimmer of hope from the tie is we might have a chance of causing an upset.

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Pretty horrendous draw.

Another SFA joke that seeded teams like us have got an away tie two years in a row meanwhile two unseeded teams in Partick Thistle and them lot up the road get home ties.

Only slight glimmer of hope from the tie is we might have a chance of causing an upset.

Nothing at all to do with SFA,  this is an SPFL run tournament. 

Plus I’m sure we’d all have been complaining if we were unseeded and all the seeded teams were drawn at home.

It’s just the luck of the draw, I know the SFA/SPFL are generally a group of wanks but some people are so desperate to point the finger at them for the least wee thing.

Last time I was at Dens some steward managed to cause a mass riot in the Ayr end leading to half a dozen arrests. 
The infamous steward with the bobble hat?

If it was that game I seem to remember it was something to do with him picking on one of our more elderly fans when literally everyone else around him was standing up.

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

Pretty horrendous draw.

In fairness the "seeding" at all is a total joke when there's only 16 teams involved and especially when 4 of them haven't even kicked a ball.

There was never going to be an "easy" tie and it's always a case of old firm away for the cash or anyone else at home for a chance to go through. Dundee away is much the same as a St Johnstone away or Motherwell away or Dunfermline away etc, etc, winnable but difficult.

That's football for you...........

I’m a bit late to the party but how good were we on Saturday? Doohan looked really confident and came for a few difficult cross balls and commanded his area well. Also loved how as soon as he got the ball he looked to get it out as quick as he could. None of this fannying about nonsense. Daniel Harvie is a massive up great on Paddy Boyle. Reminds me of Nicky Devlin going forward and also looks like he can defend well. Rose will be a class act this season-  twice the player Scott McKenna was with us. Jamie Adams was outstanding at the back on Saturday, Rumour has it that Kris Doolan is still begging to be let out his back pocket. Think Ferguson is our weak link. He done ok but got caught out a few times, against a better winger I feel he will be exposed. Hopefully Geggan is back for Saturday. Andy Murdoch is a class act. How Morton felt it was okay to get rid of him I’ll never know. Have Mark Kerr legs gone? Have they f**k, a very decent performance from him. On current form Docherty will struggle to get back in.  Crawford will be a massive player for us this season.  Forrest has bulked up massively during Pre-season and isn’t easily pushed off the ball. Keeping McDaid who I rate highly out the team so fair play to him for that. Moffat is probably the most intelligent player in our team, he brings the best out of Lawrence Shankland. Moffat and Shankland is without a doubt our best partnership as much as I rate Craig Moore highly. 

I am Absoulotely buzzing for the league stuff to kick off on Saturday. 

I’m a bit late to the party but how good were we on Saturday? Doohan looked really confident and came for a few difficult cross balls and commanded his area well. Also loved how as soon as he got the ball he looked to get it out as quick as he could. None of this fannying about nonsense. Daniel Harvie is a massive up great on Paddy Boyle. Reminds me of Nicky Devlin going forward and also looks like he can defend well. Rose will be a class act this season-  twice the player Scott McKenna was with us. Jamie Adams was outstanding at the back on Saturday, Rumour has it that Kris Doolan is still begging to be let out his back pocket. Think Ferguson is our weak link. He done ok but got caught out a few times, against a better winger I feel he will be exposed. Hopefully Geggan is back for Saturday. Andy Murdoch is a class act. How Morton felt it was okay to get rid of him I’ll never know. Have Mark Kerr legs gone? Have they f**k, a very decent performance from him. On current form Docherty will struggle to get back in.  Crawford will be a massive player for us this season.  Forrest has bulked up massively during Pre-season and isn’t easily pushed off the ball. Keeping McDaid who I rate highly out the team so fair play to him for that. Moffat is probably the most intelligent player in our team, he brings the best out of Lawrence Shankland. Moffat and Shankland is without a doubt our best partnership as much as I rate Craig Moore highly. 
I am Absoulotely buzzing for the league stuff to kick off on Saturday. 
The midfield has been that good I completely forgot about Doc, Kerr is suspended for Saturday and Doc was on the bench wonder if it will be him or Bell that comes in.