The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

At least with Walsh and Todd now confirmed as gone Hopkin should know exactly what he wants/needs.

I’d say we need:

1x Gk (presuming our reserve keeper will sit on the bench)

2x Midfielders (Ideally they both need to be coming in as starters as not convinced with a midfield trio of Miller, Chalmers and Murdoch. Chalmers should be the only one in the starting 11 unless Murdoch is truly over his injury. 

2x Strikers- Again these need to be starters as McKenzie and Moffat aren’t starters for me. 

Hopefully the two boys come in from Burnley to bolster out the squad and push for starts. 

That would take us to a squad of 23 and would allow an Ecrepont/Hewitt/Smith to go out on loan. 

Totally agree 

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Is last years ticket valid once you have renewed your season or do we get a new one?

All depends how you completed transaction, if new user you will get another ticket if you selected renewal,  same ticket , pm me if you want and I can tell you if you are getting a new ticket ( would need your name) 

Edited by Finlay21

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Cards collected in shop ( after Monday21st June) , you should have been sent an email after purchasing your tickets with the QR code of your tickets , any issues pm me with details and I can send you the link 

Thanks the email I was sent is a confirmation of my purchase  .don't see any qr code .

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Thanks the email I was sent is a confirmation of my purchase  .don't see any qr code .

I will send you a link which should have your codes now , it will have a link and a password for you to enter total tickets website , did you purchase it about 17.48

Edited by Finlay21

I’m not really sure where the quality is going to come from when we’re looking at replacing the likes of Walsh, Todd and McCowan. Loans are obviously a way to go but I’d rather any loans we bring in are guys trying to push for a start rather than guys we are bringing in to rely on.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not really sure where the quality is going to come from when we’re looking at replacing the likes of Walsh, Todd and McCowan. Loans are obviously a way to go but I’d rather any loans we bring in are guys trying to push for a start rather than guys we are bringing in to rely on.

We could really do with 2/3 quality signings imminently to calm. A lot of fans quite rightly have serious reservations about next season. 

55 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

At least with Walsh and Todd now confirmed as gone Hopkin should know exactly what he wants/needs.

I’d say we need:

1x Gk (presuming our reserve keeper will sit on the bench)

2x Midfielders (Ideally they both need to be coming in as starters as not convinced with a midfield trio of Miller, Chalmers and Murdoch. Chalmers should be the only one in the starting 11 unless Murdoch is truly over his injury. 

2x Strikers- Again these need to be starters as McKenzie and Moffat aren’t starters for me. 

Hopefully the two boys come in from Burnley to bolster out the squad and push for starts. 

That would take us to a squad of 23 and would allow an Ecrepont/Hewitt/Smith to go out on loan. 

I saw Luca Sandberg as a listed sub for Albion Rovers reserves. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

I saw Luca Sandberg as a listed sub for Albion Rovers reserves. 

Aye he was and a highly doubt there is another Luca Sandberg who is a goalkeeper. Either he’s been punted or possibly or trial ahead of a potential loan move? 

Nothing wrong with 2 senior keepers on the books - means there's competition for the gloves and should motivate them both to work harder to win a starting place

Of course, that's if Carlsberg did playing budgets that would allow Ayr United to do this :lol: 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We could really do with 2/3 quality signings imminently to calm. A lot of fans quite rightly have serious reservations about next season.

As one of the other posts mentioned  I thinks it’s more like five top players needed . One keeper , two centre midfielders and two forwards .  We are moving fast towards the preseason training phase , so these guys need to be found pretty quickly . 

12 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Nothing wrong with 2 senior keepers on the books - means there's competition for the gloves and should motivate them both to work harder to win a starting place

Of course, that's if Carlsberg did playing budgets that would allow Ayr United to do this :lol: 

We used too have two keepers in the barr days 

Finboggison and castilla 

Henry Smith and castilla 

Castilla and Gill 

17 minutes ago, North British said:

As one of the other posts mentioned  I thinks it’s more like five top players needed . One keeper , two centre midfielders and two forwards .  We are moving fast towards the preseason training phase , so these guys need to be found pretty quickly . 

Think some have been found and  will be revealed when pre season starts next week 

27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dont mind having a youth keeper on the bench. No point paying two wages when one will never play.

Sorry to keep banging this drum, but can anyone explain what happens when the keeper you hire is not injured, but instead turns out to be shite? There was already a murmur of that happening a few pages back. Do you then bring in some unblooded 18-year-old for the next six months? You can't get an emergency loan of a keeper on the ground that yours isn't very good at football.

Sorry to keep banging this drum, but can anyone explain what happens when the keeper you hire is not injured, but instead turns out to be shite? There was already a murmur of that happening a few pages back. Do you then bring in some unblooded 18-year-old for the next six months? You can't get an emergency loan of a keeper on the ground that yours isn't very good at football.

You fumble about and sign any loan you can get your hands on. Morton got a bit lucky work Danny Rogers after realising that Ramsbottom was shite but I don’t think it would work out that well all the time.

Imo we’d be better off bringing in 2 different goalkeepers. A more experienced one who would start as our number one and a younger option who’s done well at a lower level who is maybe looking to step up to full time football.