The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Dauntless said:

Yeah , we all live in a costal town surrounded by beaches and green hills ,you on the other hand reside in Scotland's number one slum town surrounded by needles and junk . Think your the loser you mug .

So Glasgow'(where you claim to live)  is surrounded by beaches now is it?

Needles and junk, definitely.

It's a shame you lot have to keep going back to 'where we live' rather than discuss football on a football forum.

Jesus Christ, some of our "in house" stuff recently has been grim, however this latest nonsense is like something from primary school !!

Give it a rest for the good of our mental health please.

13 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Do we have the resemblance of a first 11 yet?

GK ????????

RB McAlister RCH Areo CH Fjortoft LCH McGinty LB Reading

RM Salkeld  CM ??????  LM Chalmers

No10 ???????    No9  ????????

43 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Do we have the resemblance of a first 11 yet?

Ayr United potential starting 11:

New GK

Nicholas McAllister

Markus Fjortoft

Aaron Muirhead (Captain)

Sean McGinty 

Patrick Reading 

Joe Chalmers

Andrew Murdoch 

Michael Miller 

Michael Moffat

Mark McKenzie

Subs- Sub Gk, Houston, Baird, Smith, Salkeld, Ecrepont, Hewitt 

ETA: Players in bold I’d hope are replaced in starting 11.

Players in bold on bench id hope are merely squad players/loaned out come the season start. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

On 16/06/2021 at 10:58, callum-ayr said:

You do realise the point of football forums like these are?  Whether any agrees or disagrees with how well recruitment has gone so far, the whole point is to discuss it, otherwise we’d still be on page 1.

The main problem and gripe people like myself have, is we were warned this was how it was going to go. It’s how he’s recruited since leaving Livi and it’s not ended well at either club he’s managed it. It’s now appears to be how things are going here. I may well be (and hope so) wrong, but the signs are there.

He was never in charge of recruitment with us, he handed it over to Martindale as soon as we dropped to League 1 a few months after him taking the job. Sorry if anyone mentioned that before, but I really do think he's clueless with signings but a good coach/manager of good players. He's just shite at identifying those 'good players' :D 

On 15/06/2021 at 13:39, rb123! said:

That's true tbf, there were that anonymous i had forgotten about them.

Jack Hamilton i would say is our last saving grace messiah and going by what Martendale said at the end of the season it that he'll be staying at Livi as they'll be running with a smaller squad this season.

Jack Hamilton or Depo Mebude are about the only two i can think of who wouldn't be absolute jobbers or someone from down south nobody has heard of.

Zero chance of Hamilton leaving us on loan I'd imagine. The only hope I could see is that he struggles with us at this level and is loaned out in January to you to get his confidence back up and a bit more experience 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Moffat shouldn’t be starting games for us in the “striker” role. We definitely need one or two attackers in before the season starts

Nobody is saying he should be?