The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I would say that’s a good signing based on what others have said about him, but I forgot we aren’t allowed to judge anyone before they play in an Ayr strip so we shall see.

There was a rumour about 20 years ago that our away kit was "a funny shape" and made our players play shite.

Nonsense of course, but for some reason your post reminded me of that.

That’s a really good signing tbf. 2 good and 2 shite from Morton imo.

I presume Hopkin will still be going ahead with his trialist goalies and will be wanting to give McAdams some decent competition from the bench. By my reckoning we need a couple of strikers and a couple of attacking midfielders before the league cup starts. There will be time after that for a couple loans to come in and beef the squad up.

9 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
12 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
Hopkin finished with signing ex-Morton players.
Also Hopkin:200.gif&key=3a4164d2673cf5d9988edead1fb19ef5204454d187bfc12a8ef61fe8eef21a54

Jamie, was McAdams still under contract with Morton? I must say I switched off after we signed the other boys.

No, out of contract. We did offer a contract so will be due a development fee but that will be paltry.

He won all our player of the year awards although that was in part to do with how shite most of the rest of the team were and also that he exceeded expectations in his first full season at this level.

Decent shot stopper. Notable weaknesses are shots from distance and his kicking but he has a lot of potential.

Can't think of many better available options right now (which is a worry seeing as we also need keepers) so a decent signing for Ayr.

Miles ahead of your other recruits from us.

28 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

There was a rumour about 20 years ago that our away kit was "a funny shape" and made our players play shite.

Nonsense of course, but for some reason your post reminded me of that.

The all black top was cursed, no doubt about it.

McAdams wouldn't have been my first choice but I've not really seen enough of him to make a genuine judgement and the fact so many others seem to rate him gives me confidence that we could have ended up with a lot worse.

Anyway, I'll be 100% behind him like I will the rest of our signings, irrespective of their reputations or past performances when playing against us.

8 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

You boys better be sending a thank you card to Dumbarton for signing Kalvin Orsi before Hopkin had a chance to drunk dial him.

I’m assuming McAdams is your thank you for us signing McGinty and Salkeld.

10 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

McAdams is a decent signing, but I'm surprised how comfortable Ayr supporters are with becoming Morton B...

You've got it backwards, you are our feeder club.

Delighted with this signing. Not the finished article but at the right age to keep progressing and on a 2 year contract as well. 

Positivity at last. 

There was chat previously that we were looking elsewhere and there was possibly off field issues for him. I assume this has been addressed?