The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

When is our first pre season friendly? We have a game away to Stranraer a week tomorrow but do we have a game this weekend?  

Bet you the players will be fcking raging playing that stranraer game seeing as Scotland will be in the last 16 game that night! 

McAdams is a great signing and in many ways completes our defence and indeed defensive midfield . The next two or three signings will be in the forward area . Although Hoppy likes strong aggressive runner types we are going to need the next signings to have goal scoring on their CV . This is the expensive area of the team , it cant be a patchwork job . I guess we'll know what's what pretty soon .

B01D8FCE-390D-49D8-8ED9-7ACF70CA92CC.thumb.jpeg.d31f4868d79c7584cb0445e125c96a4e.jpeg

So I’d imagine this is what we’ll be close to come the start of the season, most likely 3 signings still to come, 4 if we’re lucky. Not sure how he’ll line the defence up, but I do think that looks like our best, unfortunately. We need to add some width, but I don’t think that’s now a priority. 

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

B01D8FCE-390D-49D8-8ED9-7ACF70CA92CC.thumb.jpeg.d31f4868d79c7584cb0445e125c96a4e.jpeg

So I’d imagine this is what we’ll be close to come the start of the season, most likely 3 signings still to come, 4 if we’re lucky. Not sure how he’ll line the defence up, but I do think that looks like our best, unfortunately. We need to add some width, but I don’t think that’s now a priority. 

Think you are right other than Baird, no way he leaves McGinty on the bench given he was one of the first signings. Would like to think he'll keep Muirhead in the side. Feeling alot more comfortable now we know who our keeper is and actually feel like we've maybe reached a little in some respects as surely other sides in this league will have been sniffing around as well. 

26 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Would hope nick mcallister is more of a starter. Can we get Chalmers in the sea and stick McAllister in midfield?

I dont think he will have Murdoch as a starter unless he shows something in pre-season - he only started 2 (Dundee and Alloa) of the last 8 games (was a sub in the other 6) and was taken off in both this starts with Miller playing more often than him

From previous snippets Hopkin stated he is after another 5 or 6 not sure if that includes loans from Burnley or not, but you would assume we still need 1 main striker, 1 attacking midfield, 1 defensive midfield as starters then sub keeper, then another attacking option. IF we are going 5-3-2 i would assume McAlister and Reading are the width, and he will go with 2 hardworking defensive mids alongside either Chalmers or a new attacking mid (along the lines of Kelly) with a target man up top alongside either  Moff or McKenzie

55 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’d hope come the start of the season Salkeld, Murdoch and Moffat are not in the starting 11. I’d also hope Mcallister plays ahead of Houston. 

I don’t know much about McAdam, I don’t remember much about him from the games last season that made his stand out. Like all the players, I’ll wait and see how they are before making a call. 

One of the biggest legacy issues from last season was how poorly some of our players were compared to previous seasons. Murdoch was a must keep player last summer and this year, most wouldn’t have bothered if he’d gone.

Houston came on over 6 months but last season he was below average at best. Reading looked an exciting player at times but it didn’t look like he was getting the right development. These are guys who we know could be assets to the club so a key part of this season is for these guys to tick.

Hopkin barely played Murdoch and chose centre half’s over him. Our next signing needs to be a pest in midfield like Docherty and obviously as many forwards as he can find. 
if players aren’t doing it and we can’t get rid of them, then we need to have options to keep them out the squad unfortunately. Over the last 8 weeks of the season, nothing got better. 

The three at the back will have to be Aero on the right , McGinty on the left and Fjortoft in between them . Left back looks like Reading , right back is either McAlister or Houston, if he get his form back . Midfield three at the moment would be Miller on the right , Salkeld centre and Chalmers on the left  . That would change if McAlister comes into the picture or other players are signed . Up front we need two capable new guys, a target man and a goal scoring no 10.

Murdoch won't start, might even be away by the end of transfer window, Moffat and McKenzie I wouldn't think will start either, 2 strikers, 2 attacking mids possibly who can play wide another centre mid plus back up keeper, what mix of signings, loans (Burnley) I don't know ,however I think one striker will be our signing and will be our main outlay. 

13 hours ago, munro7 said:

Happy enough with the goalkeeper but it is getting a wee bit ridiculous the number of Morton players we’re signing.
If our bespoke new home top turns out to be white with blue hoops then I call shenanigans!

Murdoch won't start, might even be away by the end of transfer window, Moffat and McKenzie I wouldn't think will start either, 2 strikers, 2 attacking mids possibly who can play wide another centre mid plus back up keeper, what mix of signings, loans (Burnley) I don't know ,however I think one striker will be our signing and will be our main outlay. 

I'm actually surprised McCall has not been sniffing around Murdoch, hopefully he can find his pre injury form again this season

16 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
53 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

I'm actually surprised McCall has not been sniffing around Murdoch, hopefully he can find his pre injury form again this season

Look, you've over-spent your quota of ex-Morton players and staff at your club. Better send Murdoch back over to reduce your number.

I don’t think anyone will pay money for Murdoch and we can’t afford to just let him go and replace him when there’s other areas of the squad that need attention.

He might not be a regular starter next season but I think we’ll need him at times.