The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

B01D8FCE-390D-49D8-8ED9-7ACF70CA92CC.thumb.jpeg.d31f4868d79c7584cb0445e125c96a4e.jpeg

So I’d imagine this is what we’ll be close to come the start of the season, most likely 3 signings still to come, 4 if we’re lucky. Not sure how he’ll line the defence up, but I do think that looks like our best, unfortunately. We need to add some width, but I don’t think that’s now a priority. 

Pretty sure Salkeld will be in where Houston is. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think anyone will pay money for Murdoch and we can’t afford to just let him go and replace him when there’s other areas of the squad that need attention.

He might not be a regular starter next season but I think we’ll need him at times.

Still a way to go with signings but as we currently stand i view Murdoch as an important player. if somehow we managed to get Houston and him back to previous levels it will make a big difference

6 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

B01D8FCE-390D-49D8-8ED9-7ACF70CA92CC.thumb.jpeg.d31f4868d79c7584cb0445e125c96a4e.jpeg

So I’d imagine this is what we’ll be close to come the start of the season, most likely 3 signings still to come, 4 if we’re lucky. Not sure how he’ll line the defence up, but I do think that looks like our best, unfortunately. We need to add some width, but I don’t think that’s now a priority. 

I hope they keep Aero in the middle of the park in front of the defence. 

He did nothing wrong there, you could say he stood out in a terrible team and we aren't exactly short of centre backs either. 

With all that in mind why would we put him back into the defence? 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

I hope they keep Aero in the middle of the park in front of the defence. 

He did nothing wrong there, you could say he stood out in a terrible team and we aren't exactly short of centre backs either. 

With all that in mind why would we put him back into the defence? 

Because if we move him back into midfield it means playing both Baird and McGinty. 

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

2000 fans allowed in as soon as we move to Level 0, apparently: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57571009

No restrictions on crowd numbers by 9th August. Massive boast to the club. 

3 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Still a way to go with signings but as we currently stand i view Murdoch as an important player. if somehow we managed to get Houston and him back to previous levels it will make a big difference

My own view is that he was thrown in the deep end last year, he was just returning from a year out and had absolutely no support in the middle of the park as we were far too lightweight and powder puff, lacking both steel and leadership, so probably unfair to expect him to be the same player in that setup.

I'd hope that given a bit more support we will see the return of the Andy Murdoch we all love and expect.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Hopkin clearly thinks a lot of both and Fjortoft isn't coming to sit on the bench either. 

Our back 3 should be Baird, Fjortoft and Muirhead although I suspect McGinty will probably start over Baird. 

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Hopkin clearly thinks a lot of both and Fjortoft isn't coming to sit on the bench either. 

I've been quite impressed by Fjortoft when I've seen him and think he could be an excellent signing.

10 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
I’m naturally left footed. I’ve never asked for a game with Ayr United though. 

Are up you 6ft plus and can hold a ball up if so stand by the phone we might need you lol

I am not. 

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I've been quite impressed by Fjortoft when I've seen him and think he could be an excellent signing.

Fjortoft and McAdams are our marquee signings at this stage. McAllister is also potentially a very good signing.  Hope he turns out similar to Daniel Harvie who we signed from Aberdeen following a loan spell at Dumbarton.