The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we’re insisting on playing Chalmers then we kinda need to play him further up the pitch as an attacking midfielder. Get him away from areas where him losing the ball will result in efforts on goal and play midfielders behind him.

Good idea. Get him as far up the pitch as possible.

Behind the goal.

Warming up.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I haven't even watched the highlights. The vivid descriptions on here of our ineptitude will suffice. 

I was there and I had to watch the highlights to see what actually happened at the third goal. It didn't make any sense to me at the time and even after watching it I still can't believe it.

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just got around to reading Saturdays paper. A really nice article on Ian McCall where he talks us up and says great things. Made me long for those times when he was here and life at Ayr wasnt shit 😩

Waking up on a Saturday Morning in January with the rain lashing off the window and the prospect of a 50 mile round trip to watch us getting a pumping off Berwick, East fife, Albion Rovers etc is what i always think about when i'm feeling a bit down about us, because that really was rock bottom and where we are now, both on and off the pitch, is a huge step forward without a doubt. 

It might not be great but by God it could be much much worse !!!

On 02/10/2021 at 23:27, Thereisalight.. said:

Cant see McAdams hanging around long if hes on the bench for much longer. I rate him more highly than I do Albinson but the manager(s) dont agree 

Mcadams I think is a better shotstopper however the distribution of the ball by albinson is twice that of mcadams. 

18 minutes ago, Rossco500 said:

Mcadams I think is a better shotstopper however the distribution of the ball by albinson is twice that of mcadams. 

I've found Albinsons distribution to be pretty poor, not to mention that he ponders over the ball and takes so bloody long that some of our players are exasperated and are no longer making runs as they know that they won't receive the ball.

At this level, the most a keeper generally does is play a pass out to a centre half/full back. I haven’t noticed Albinson being better at that. Saying that, at any level I wouldn’t advocate playing someone who is worse at shop stopping. Albinson has been fine, but McAdams is better IMO. 

At this level, the most a keeper generally does is play a pass out to a centre half/full back. I haven’t noticed Albinson being better at that. Saying that, at any level I wouldn’t advocate playing someone who is worse at shop stopping. Albinson has been fine, but McAdams is better IMO. 

Aye it’s not like Albinson is picking players out 40 yards away. As long as our keeper can play simple passes to the full backs or centre backs then it’s fine.

In saying that, Albinson hasn’t really done anything to warrant being dropped nor has he really won us any games.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it’s not like Albinson is picking players out 40 yards away. As long as our keeper can play simple passes to the full backs or centre backs then it’s fine.

In saying that, Albinson hasn’t really done anything to warrant being dropped nor has he really won us any games.

Yeah, I agree - he hasn’t remotely done anything to warrant being dropped and has been completely fine. This might be harsh, but I don’t think he is going to be winning us points with outstanding saves either though. 

20 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Baird has looked ok this year but was pish along side Muirhead last season. Take McGinty out and Baird might be just as bad. 

How did Morton concede as few goals with this defence. I can only assume the full backs and midfield pulled in a lot of the slack. 

20 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

They basically played all out defence all season like we were doing under Hopkin.

........ and they have Kyle Jacobs who is probably the best defensive midfielder in the division.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I've found Albinsons distribution to be pretty poor, not to mention that he ponders over the ball and takes so bloody long that some of our players are exasperated and are no longer making runs as they know that they won't receive the ball.

We were probably spoiled a little last year with Sinisalo with respect to distribution. He was always very quick to move the ball on and get us on the break. Shame we didn't really do anything with the ball most of the time. It is very rare at this level to see a keeper moving the ball on anywhere near as quickly. 

McAdams has actually made some great saves. I'm not sure they've won us any points though. I can't recall if Albinson has made any great saves tbf.

I would have McAdams over Albinson just because of his pedigree and proven ability at this level. 

However, there isn't much between them and Duffman obviously prefers Albinson.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

See we are playing Burnley U18s in a friendly today. 
Are we hoping that they have an actual child that could bolster our midfield? 

christ 

Cue about 3 months of football manager type posts of "suitable" Burnley u18 signings. 

Before getting nobody. 

Edited by BukyOHare

49 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

McAdams has actually made some great saves. I'm not sure they've won us any points though. I can't recall if Albinson has made any great saves tbf.

I would have McAdams over Albinson just because of his pedigree and proven ability at this level. 

However, there isn't much between them and Duffman obviously prefers Albinson.

Man City and Blackburn aren't too bad for the old CV !!

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

We were probably spoiled a little last year with Sinisalo with respect to distribution. He was always very quick to move the ball on and get us on the break. Shame we didn't really do anything with the ball most of the time. It is very rare at this level to see a keeper moving the ball on anywhere near as quickly. 

We're probably spoiled as we've always had good goalkeepers and I suppose both Albinson and McAdams aren't the worst but I think I'm probably with Trogdor in as much as that I think McAdams looks slightly safer than Albinson but there does seem very little between them.

I'd still rather have Ross Doohan over both though, of that there's no doubt.

29 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Cue about 3 months of football manager type posts of "suitable" Burnley u18 signings. 

Before getting nobody. 

Have they got any good midfielders ??

A young destroyer perhaps ?

A classy playmaker ??

Anything ???