The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Could be worse lads

We could be dunfermline who have listed a number of reasons why Peter Grant is doing a good job 😂😂😂

They blamed the fans too...cos that ended well for hoppy a few weeks ago lol

4 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

They blamed the fans too...cos that ended well for hoppy a few weeks ago lol

With Hoppy i think the fan power worked, more with Hopkin as he said after that he would have walked. I'm not too convinced Smith would have done anything if fans hadn't been chanting Hopkin gtf

55 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Just to piss on the proverbial chips, I’m fairly sure we can only sign free agents anyway, unless it was classed as an emergency loan.

You can't have a loan either. That window closed last Thursday. Other than 7 day loans for goalkeepers provided you have a medical certificate of injury or illness.

Free agents only now till Jan 1st.

Having seen Dunfermline, I would say they are a decent team just not performing the right way, There have been no daft philosophy's put in place, it just hasn't clicked for them. Maybe Grant isn't going to make them click but I don't think they are a million miles away.

Under Hopkin, we were never going to click, There were weird philosophies in place and a stubborn approach to tactics. we were a million miles away from being decent. 

Hopkin has a decent amount of time last season and this season to get things right, but continued to make a rip-roaring arse of it with no let-up. From an outsiders point of view, Grant only took over in the summer and has probably only had a dozen games so far to get things right so you can see why the board are giving him time. 

You always listen to the fans though, Plenty of folk thought Ayr fans were ungrateful when we hounded Daziel out the club. 5 games were enough to know Hopkin was a dope. 

I wonder though, if we weren't post McCall, where expectations were higher, if Hopkin would have had more time. If fans would have just drifted away, accepting us being crap rather than the reaction he got at the Raith game.  

26 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I wonder though, if we weren't post McCall, where expectations were higher, if Hopkin would have had more time. If fans would have just drifted away, accepting us being crap rather than the reaction he got at the Raith game.  

For me it ultimately depends on what you see as the ceiling of our ambitions. As a club, catchment area and with decent recruitment over a consistent period of time and a progressive outlook from the boardroom, there's no reason why we shouldn't be consistently challenging for a playoff place / top half finish. As a full time club that should definitely be the minimum of our ambitions, otherwise why be full time in the first place?

If we can get that baseline in place McCall proved that over achievement is definitely possible in this league, our short term challenge is trying to establish ourselves in the league without the nerve shredding flirts with relegation or indeed spells in League 1.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Won 2-1, came from 1-0 down to win, hardly convincing....

From someone who was there , the Ayr team put in a  good disciplined performance and were deserved winners 

Edited by Finlay21

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Robbo after todays red zone announcement, do you know if the club are doing hospitality for the Killie game? 

No , the Hospitality Suite needs to be redecorated prior to reopening carpets and fixtures etc are in a state due to opposing teams changing in there 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

No , the Hospitality Suite needs to be redecorated prior to reopening carpets and fixtures etc are in a state due to opposing teams changing in there 

Damn, had planned to treat my cousin to hospitality for the first time 😬

Are the away team going back to their old changing area or is there something else in the pipeline? 

Edited by Thereisalight..