The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I am a Moff fan but most of his goals for Ayr were in the third tier. So not quite the club legend yet in my book.

I wouldn't necessarily hold that against him, the majority of Shankland' goals have been at that level and I'm already shuffling him up near Ally's team of the 60/70's.

As a striker, he's clrearly the best to have graced an Ayr jersey in my lifetime.

Had a fairly quiet game for his standards yesterday and scores one and assists twice, it took 2 or 3 centre-halfs on him yesterday to keep him fairly quiet, some boy.

Edited by ayrmad

Moff is a legend in my book, gave my son a signed jersey from the Brechin game with ‘18’ on the back because he was born on the 18th. People seem to forget he was played on the left wing under Reid whereas he’s found his natural position and doing very well doing so. Some times Ayr fans are never happy, enjoy this ladies and gents, been a long long time since we’ve been happy! 

I wouldn't necessarily hold that against him, the majority of Shankland' goals have been at that level and I'm already shuffling him up near Ally's team of the 60/70's.
As a striker, he's clrearly the best to have graced an Ayr jersey in my lifetime.
Had a fairly quiet game for his standards yesterday and scores one and assists twice, it took 2 or 3 centre-halfs on him yesterday to keep him fairly quiet, some boy.

Interesting... better than Hurst, Conway, Reynolds, Grady, Annand, Roberts?

16 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Interesting... better than Hurst, Conway, Reynolds, Grady, Annand, Roberts?

Reynolds was pretty mediocre to be honest, he could run fast and win the odd penalty but he certainly wasn't a great player for us.

Hurst was good but benefited from playing with the likes of  Walker and Teale, Annand was just a Craig Moore like penalty box man, Grady was certainly a player as was Roberts and a young Conway who we never saw enough of, but I'd say Moffat is above them all in terms of service, workrate and commitment to our club.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Reynolds was pretty mediocre to be honest, he could run fast and win the odd penalty but he certainly wasn't a great player for us.

Hurst was good but benefited from playing with the likes of  Walker and Teale, Annand was just a Craig Moore like penalty box man, Grady was certainly a player as was Roberts and a young Conway who we never saw enough of, but I'd say Moffat is above them all in terms of service, workrate and commitment to our club.

ftr, my earlier post was about Shankland.

As an aside from earlier posts about Smith replacing Geggan, dropping players when they're doing all that is asked of them is a sure fire way to waste a good dressing room, Geggan will know himself that Smith is going to replace him at some point in the near future but it should only be done when Andy' performance dips, Smith' style suits a particular team or he gets injured IMO.

24 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

ftr, my earlier post was about Shankland.

It's probably a bit early to be talking about Shankland as a club legend, however give it another couple of months.

Edited by Guest

Just now, WATTOO said:

It's probably a bit earlier to be talking about Shankland as a club legend, however give it another couple of months.

Not for me, I waited long enough to see if last season was just a one off, he's even better this season.

2 hours ago, Edmond Dantès said:

Michael Moffat is a club legend. Whoever says otherwise is a fucking idiot who knows nothing about football.

^ This.  I can't believe someone suggested Roberts ahead of Moffat. I almost fell off my seat!

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

^ This.  I can't believe someone suggested Roberts ahead of Moffat. I almost fell off my seat!

Roberts scored some terrific goals for us but was a dreadful manager.

If it wasn't for Moffats goals then Roberts tenure would have been ALOT worse.