The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This was round about the time of year Roberts got sacked i'm sure with a squad which was completely and utterly shite and also toxic which i'm sure this current squad must be now. All the players which Hopkin signed have clearly chucked it and couldn't give two shits now he's gone. 

McCall came in actually at the beginning of the January and signed a combination of experienced pros who were still half decent and good loans from the premiership, so it is possibly if we bin Duffy now we can still get a half decent coach in and do some pretty major surgery in January and still survive in this league.

The thing about going down a league to let us reset is bollocks because the championship is ten times better now than it was when we were last in it, with us and Raith we were pretty much miles clear of the rest. Now League 1 IMO is a better top half of the league than us lot currently at the bottom of the championship.

Duffy has to get shot of now because at the end of the day he inherited Hopkin's shite and now the players have decided amongst themselves to chuck it, Duffy hasn't helped himself in recent weeks with bemusing selections, the fact Salkeld gets ahead of Moffat and Bradley is mind boggling. 

Mathie please use your experience to do the decent thing and get Duffy dumped, the longer it goes on too we're losing out on any potential half decent candidates available with Morton and Killie now looking for managers.

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Fair comment .... I'm only too familiar with your level of pain tonight, unfortunately.

Well hopefully tonight is a good one for yourself then. Maybe we'll get that winning feeling again at somepoint, next season...or the one after.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

He's retired and lives down south now.

Yeah, I know which is why I suggested getting him in until seasons end if he'd do it. I suspect you're right and he wouldn't fancy it. I would have suggested similar with wee Craig Brown but he's about 80 now.

Just trying to think of a transitory option which could buy us time for an end of the season appointment if it came to it.

I really don't want us handing out another three year deal on a dud.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, I know which is why I suggested getting him in until seasons end if he'd do it. I suspect you're right and he wouldn't fancy it. I would have suggested similar with wee Craig Brown but he's about 80 now.

Just trying to think of a transitory option which could buy us time for an end of the season appointment if it came to it.

I really don't want us handing out another three year deal on a dud.

I heard years ago that Brown was asked (prior to his comeback at Motherwell) but he declined. I think it was when the Two Rabs were binned.

Jim gets his payoff in time for Santa coming with Smith and Mathie making calls tonight to various contacts and agents to see exactly how's out there and the level of interest in the job. 

Get a well worded advert out there and see exactly who throws their hat in the ring. 

I'm more encouraged that Mathie will have a better handle on what's required that what we had around the appointment of Hopkin and Duffy. 

Has that statement been released yet? 

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd even take Brian Reid back at this rate.

I was actually thinking that only half in jest. 🤣

How about we get the old gang back together? Geggan, Bell, Adams & Moff managerial dream team? They could even make cameo appearances. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I was actually thinking that only half in jest. 🤣

How about we get the old gang back together? Geggan, Bell, Adams & Moff managerial dream team? They could even make cameo appearances. 

If Adams still had any interest in playing football I would have him in the team in a heartbeat.

11 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Has that statement been released yet? 

They'll need to find Roy Provan who seems to be the only one who can post a statement on the website.

Edited by Trogdor
Roy rather than Ray