The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

37 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's right. Because you certainly would have never commented on a thread that didn't directly involve Kilmarnock FC would you? 🙄

Also, I'm not sure why this seriously needs explained but you know "Supersouth" isn't the same as Queen of the South? It's possible for a football fan to have a view or comment on something without it having anything to do with the club he supports at all. What a very odd comment from you Craig.

Edit - And clearly if Kilmarnock and Ayr are allowed to rearrange their game then a precedent has been set and every fixture in this semi closed door period would be able to make the same application and expect it to be allowed if both clubs agree. So actually it's very relevant to every club in the division.

For that final reason you state i can't see how on earth they'd ever approve changing it cause then it just opens the door for the 8 other teams in the league to request postponing these current fixtures until a time when restrictions are lifted. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

For that final reason you state i can't see how on earth they'd ever approve changing it cause then it just opens the door for the 8 other teams in the league to request postponing these current fixtures until a time when restrictions are lifted. 

Well, Queen of the South have just pulled out of their next two fixtures...

Cummings to us isn't the wildest shout I've ever heard. Seems to be down the pecking order at Dundee and McPake publicly called him out for his fitness. He's only ever actually made a success of it at this level whilst simultaneously appearing too good for it. If he is to leave then I can see a few clubs in our division interested in taking him provided they can offer him a good enough contract. He'd also know Mathie and Bartley (if we appoint him) which is another link. 

There was a vote on literally this thing on Tuesday, and only 4 Championship clubs wanted to do that, so I don't see why they'd all suddenly be rushing to postpone fixtures now (or indeed why it would be a problem if they did).

39 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They'll not have done much allowing of clubs to postpone games in Covid circumstances so that point has no merit and sets no precedent.

The SPFL board were obviously willing to allow clubs to postpone 5 each just a few days ago had they voted for it, so they must not be too worried about it.

Just now, craigkillie said:

The SPFL board were obviously willing to allow clubs to postpone 5 each just a few days ago had they voted for it, so they must not be too worried about it.

The SPFL Board would have done what the clubs told them to do had a majority of them voted for it but, like last year with the lower league votes, they did not recommend it and advised against it. They were hardly "willing".

Again, what's the point in clubs voting democratically to continue the season and not pause while restrictions exist, and then allowing individual clubs to postpone games because it suits them?

I have no issue with the game being postponed particularly especially given it's due to be played at Kilmarnock where a weather postponement later is very unlikely. But if we're effectively going to allow every game where the two clubs mutually decide they'd rather not play it to be deferred then the whole vote was a waste of time. Might as well just have said to clubs if you mutually want to hold games over for a few weeks feel free.

If permission is given to defer this game then I'd fully expect us to request and be granted the same on QoS v Kilmarnock on 8th January too.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I have no issue with the game being postponed particularly especially given it's due to be played at Kilmarnock where a weather postponement later is very unlikely. 

It's the fog you need to mindful of at Rugby Park not the cold temperature or rain. 🤣

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The SPFL Board would have done what the clubs told them to do had a majority of them voted for it but, like last year with the lower league votes, they did not recommend it and advised against it. They were hardly "willing".

Again, what's the point in clubs voting democratically to continue the season and not pause while restrictions exist, and then allowing individual clubs to postpone games because it suits them?

I have no issue with the game being postponed particularly especially given it's due to be played at Kilmarnock where a weather postponement later is very unlikely. But if we're effectively going to allow every game where the two clubs mutually decide they'd rather not play it to be deferred then the whole vote was a waste of time. Might as well just have said to clubs if you mutually want to hold games over for a few weeks feel free.

If permission is given to defer this game then I'd fully expect us to request and be granted the same on QoS v Kilmarnock on 8th January too.

If QOS voted against the league having a winter break, why would they possibly then apply to defer a game?

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's right. Because you certainly would have never commented on a thread that didn't directly involve Kilmarnock FC would you? 🙄

Also, I'm not sure why this seriously needs explained but you know "Supersouth" isn't the same as Queen of the South? It's possible for a football fan to have a view or comment on something without it having anything to do with the club he supports at all. What a very odd comment from you Craig.

Edit - And clearly if Kilmarnock and Ayr are allowed to rearrange their game then a precedent has been set and every fixture in this semi closed door period would be able to make the same application and expect it to be allowed if both clubs agree. So actually it's very relevant to every club in the division.

Queen of the South are rearranging two out of the three while we are oy looking for one.  

44 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If QOS voted against the league having a winter break, why would they possibly then apply to defer a game?

It's perfectly obvious we voted in favour of breaking and following today's announcement, exactly why.

And to get the income from a 4 figure visiting Kilmarnock support, instead of not getting any at all in a 500 limit. Same reason KIlmarnock want to defer Ayr.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's perfectly obvious we voted in favour of breaking and following today's announcement, exactly why.

And to get the income from a 4 figure visiting Kilmarnock support, instead of not getting any at all in a 500 limit. Same reason KIlmarnock want to defer Ayr.

I don’t think is is perfectly obvious to those outwith QOS tbh. 

It would be more than fair to ask to rearrange then. However a side voting against a break, and stopping other teams from making money and then asking to rearrange their home game to ensure they didn’t lose out would obviously be a shitebag move. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think is is perfectly obvious to those outwith QOS tbh.

The four clubs who voted in favour of a break have effectively outed themselves already, Kilmarnock and Dunfermline released statements outright saying they did and Inverness and QoS have immediately had to postpone their games anyway as they couldn't raise teams. We only had one fit defender even before the present Covid outbreak.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The four clubs who voted in favour of a break have effectively outed themselves already, Kilmarnock and Dunfermline released statements outright saying they did and Inverness and QoS have immediately had to postpone their games anyway as they couldn't raise teams. We only had one fit defender even before the present Covid outbreak.

We’ve only had one defender all season...

I have no idea why Ayr would vote against a break tbh. 

Heard a lovely story today about my wifes uncle who is a lifelong Ayr supporter in his 80's . He had intended going to the QoS game though the supporters bus was cancelled due to COVID. One of the directors heard that he was disappointed and arranged to collect him and take him to the match as a guest of the club sitting in the directors box. Despite the result he had a fantastic day and that is what local clubs are all about. Not only that but he was just this week gifted a hamper by the club. I wont mention his name but I know a few on here are connected to the club so I would just like to echo the families thanks for treating the poet so well. And ,of course , this comes from a Killie fan.👏  

Edited by killiemilan
factual error in my post

2 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Heard a lovely story today about my wifes uncle who is a lifelong Ayr supporter in his 80's . He had intended going to the QoS game though the supporters bus was cancelled due to lack of numbers. One of the directors heard that he was disappointed and arranged to collect him and take him to the match as a guest of the club sitting in the directors box. Despite the result he had a fantastic day and that is what local clubs are all about. Not only that but he was just this week gifted a hamper by the club. I wont mention his name but I know a few on here are connected to the club so I would just like to echo the families thanks for treating the poet so well. And ,of course , this comes from a Killie fan.👏  

Bus was cancelled due to covid not lack of numbers

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Bus was cancelled due to covid not lack of numbers

Apologies. Not my usual Killie bias but that is what i was told by his daughter. Hope this doesnt detract from the brilliant story. 

Ps i will edit my post to make it factually correct.