The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Heard he was aggressive in the tackle , holds his own , good passer of the ball , willing to beat players , had a bit of pace , his goal was an added bonus but seemingly was not a long range effort , just what we need was the quote and better than what we have ( not be too hard mind you ) 

Any idea when an imminent might land?

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

You should be his agent.😉

You'll be getting him a move to the English Premier with descriptions like that...........

That description came from someone who was working at the stadium , not part of Ayr United set up 

10 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I enjoyed listening to Jim O'Neil. He took me to my first two away games. I'm not sure whether I should thank him for that 😀

Potentially looking at putting together a book of his poems in conjunction with Jim where he would put them on sale in club shop and he would like to donate all proceeds back to the club , great gesture from him , hope it happens  

Think we should all take a minute to calm down with this Comley lad as nothing has happened yet, sounds a decent signing if it does happen. 

Wonder what it would mean for Murdoch? Tbf though if Bully is commited to this 3/5/2 it would be a flat 3 man central midfield of Dempsey/Murdoch/Comley. Could work in a 4/3/3 too i suppose.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Think we should all take a minute to calm down with this Comley lad as nothing has happened yet, sounds a decent signing if it does happen. 

Wonder what it would mean for Murdoch? Tbf though if Bully is commited to this 3/5/2 it would be a flat 3 man central midfield of Dempsey/Murdoch/Comley. Could work in a 4/3/3 too i suppose.

He's needs committed if he thinks 3-5-2 is an option. 🤣

This for me, get McGinty in the sea and Muirhead as center half, O'Connor could also start in place of Maxwell who hasn't been at his best the last two weeksa2748db7542f7aea39ed627cae1d8743.jpg

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Not with our current defensive options, that’s for sure

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He's needs committed if he thinks 3-5-2 is an option. 🤣

I'm honestly not sure we'll sign another defender as i believe the belief is that if we've got a competant midfield infront of the defenders giving them much better protection that'll help us out a lot. Granted it doesn't solve our issues with failing to close down and stop crosses quick enough.

You look at the 1st St Mirren goal on Saturday and there was absolutely no pressure on the midfield to get out and press or close down the ball carrier for St Mirren as he had all the time in the world to pick a pass for out wide. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

This for me, get McGinty in the sea and Muirhead as center half, O'Connor could also start in place of Maxwell who hasn't been at his best the last two weeksa2748db7542f7aea39ed627cae1d8743.jpg

I'm favouring more for a 4/3/3 too tbf but unsure if Bully is that kind of gung ho guy to go with a setup like that. Think it would suit us best with the players we're hopefully going to have going forward.

Hamilton's last 3 games has seen them play 3 different formations so not entirley sure how we'll line up against them for that. They've used a 3/4/3, 4/1/4/1 and 4/3/3. 

22 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Would still think Murdoch will be playing every week as there would be an element of punt with these signings. Finding two players from these backgrounds that could better him straight away would be a great but unlikely bit of business  

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'm honestly not sure we'll sign another defender as i believe the belief is that if we've got a competant midfield infront of the defenders giving them much better protection that'll help us out a lot. Granted it doesn't solve our issues with failing to close down and stop crosses quick enough.

You look at the 1st St Mirren goal on Saturday and there was absolutely no pressure on the midfield to get out and press or close down the ball carrier for St Mirren as he had all the time in the world to pick a pass for out wide. 

The New Ayr won't have this issue as the other team will not be seeing enough of the ball to be crossing or picking out the passes.

If they don't have the ball then they can't score against us (well not entirely true given our defenders and their og record) !!!

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Would still think Murdoch will be playing every week as there would be an element of punt with these signings. Finding two players from these backgrounds that could better him straight away would be a great but unlikely bit of business  

I don’t think it’s about replacing Murdoch (who has been our best player this season) but about getting him some support. It’s also about creating a squad that can cover over the next 5 months.