The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I know we've brought in Blaine Rowe, but I would love to see us also add a proper established centre back. Preferably while punting one of our current lot. Not sure I see it happening though.

Edited by AuAl

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

I know we've brought in Blaine Rowe, but I would love to see us also add a proper established centre back. Preferably while punting one of our current lot. Not sure I see it happening though.

Think we are at the stage of needing to get a defender out before we bring another in 

Think we are at the stage of needing to get a defender out before we bring another in 

I will happily contribute to a Go Fund Me to get one of McGinty or Fjortoft out if it means we can get someone else in.

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Yeah was thinking the same and I'm not sure anyone would want our defenders. Unless someone in L1 or L2 were desperate.

1 hour ago, Mod1967 said:

Remember when yer club gave yer 'Big Brother blues club ' 3 stands to enjoy winning the league whilst punting ye all into the Main Stand ,marvellous diddy "We *** Club" behaviour 

Tee hee, remember we gave 3 stands to Celtic as well, wonder what you guys would have done if you wherever in that position. Oh wait a minute, unlikely. Incidentally what year was it the Rangers shop opened in Ayr?

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Murdoch as the deep lying central midfielder, Dempsey box to box and McInroy as the advanced midfielder in a 4-3-3 I’m assuming potentially...

I was thinking the same. Quite like the sound of that set up with the squad as it is just now. Even just to try something different, it may prove to be ineffective but I think we may now have the players for it. *

*If McInroy is confirmed 

If Fjortoft is going to the US then he could leave any time, Smith left in February I think so if he goes in the next 4 weeks we can get someone in on loan.

The boy from Bolton looks like he’s still without a club, again he’d be a free transfer so I don’t think the window applies, maybe it does cross border.

3 hours ago, Saltire said:

Look, I reacted badly to something and then reacted in a worse way to the responses. I'm sure Ayr fans now just want to talk about the transfer window not my issues with the OF. I apologise to Ayr fans for the distraction on an exciting day at the end of the window.

You're forgiven.

We're all due a meltdown every now and then. I almost imploded because of the season ticket price last season.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

You're forgiven.

We're all due a meltdown every now and then. I almost imploded because of the season ticket price last season.

You must have felt quite justified by the end of the season having had to watch that shower of shite that limped to survival.

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If Fjortoft is going to the US then he could leave any time, Smith left in February I think so if he goes in the next 4 weeks we can get someone in on loan.

The boy from Bolton looks like he’s still without a club, again he’d be a free transfer so I don’t think the window applies, maybe it does cross border.

Not that I want Fjortoft to go but if he is I'd rather it doesn't drag on as not a lot of options domestically at CB. Choices most likely would be Michael Devlin returning from injury or youngsters like Leon King (if Souttar signed) or Dane Murray. 

Comley can sign for a club anytime, we'd probably need international clearance as the FA will still hold his registration but that's all.

48 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Don’t think it will be our last for this season , might be for today but would not rule anything out , 

Is the Comley deal dead in the water?

Wouldn't be surprised if we're still chipping away at St Johnstone for Liam Craig which i'd expect to rumble on beyond today as it would be him getting released by the club and us getting him on a free.