The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I just saw on Twitter that today is the anniversary of Ally MacLeod's death.

His managerial tenures were before my time, but everyone of an Ayr United persuasion knows how much he means to the club.

Ally_macleod_1.thumb.jpg.150b784ef0019103084f16233dcdc963.jpg

I met him at a game back in the 2001/2002 season.

My Papa used to take me to matches, and he was an Ayr United supporter from the 1940s until his death in 2011. He always spoke with great fondness for Ally, and all the players from his teams.

During the game (it was a boring 0-0 draw BTW), my Papa pointed out some old fella in the stadium and said "See that man there? Go up to him and shake his hand". I went over, not realising who the man was and shook his hand. He smiled and chatted with me for a few minutes.

My Papa then walked over and said that the man I was speaking to is Ayr United's greatest manager, Ally Macleod.

There was a documentary about him in his last few months. He’s kicking a ball about in the garden with one of Andy, his sons kids who must have been 5 at the time. He scored a goal and asked Ally if he thought he was good enough to play for Rangers.

Ally said, your better than that son, you’ll play for Ayr.

For anyone interested on here, there's a fundraiser been set up by a Raith Rovers fan to make donations to the charity Rape Crisis Scotland to allow supporters to show their support towards the cause and also give the two fingers up to those morons in charge of Raith Rovers. 

Over £4,000 been raised in a matter of hours

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martin-glass96?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=martin-glass96&utm_campaign=pfp-tweet&utm_term=4e8e0065c65c470ebd006642f39a7275

That statement raith rovers have just put out is unbelievable, i know i'm not a supporter of their club but it still makes me a bit angry, basically saying we know what he's done but he's staying so anyone who doesn't like it can f**k off. 

Unbelievable, clearly written by a dinosaur who isn't up to date with the modern times.

That statement raith rovers have just put out is unbelievable, i know i'm not a supporter of their club but it still makes me a bit angry, basically saying we know what he's done but he's staying so anyone who doesn't like it can f**k off. 
Unbelievable, clearly written by a dinosaur who isn't up to date with the modern times.
It's shocking, they have made an untenable situation even worse.

While acknowledging the gravity of what happened ten years ago, as a club we fully support and encourage rehabilitation, and many factors influenced our signing.

The first steps of rehabilitation are acknowledging what you've done and admitting that it was wrong.

David Goodwillie has done neither of these.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The first steps of rehabilitation are acknowledging what you've done and admitting that it was wrong.

David Goodwillie has done neither of these.

First thing he did after it was come out and plead the innocent card to the tabloid by saying he's lost everything in life apart from his flashy car. 

Fucking soulless dimwit, hope Muirhead fucking snaps him at the first opportunity

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

First thing he did after it was come out and plead the innocent card to the tabloid by saying he's lost everything in life apart from his flashy car. 

Fucking soulless dimwit, hope Muirhead fucking snaps him at the first opportunity

I'd pay money to see that.

Or I'd pay @itzdrkto run onto the park and two-foot him.

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Can a team refuse to play another team because of situations like this or would the SFA just award the other team the points or what?

Q.o.s tonight for Raith. 

I expect there will be a boycott. The attendance figure should be interesting reading.