The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Seriously. The worst game I've watched all season. Boring as f**k, wasting everything, corners are pointless, no attacking threat whatsoever and just total pish. 9th place and deserved.

The Voice of Reason is definitely on the happy pills. What the hell is he watching? Maybe just trying to get in with Bullen after being ignored by Hopkin and Duffy. Feels huge with Morton enjoying their new manager bounce.

Positives: We were better today the midfield three made a huge difference and linked up well at times. Murdoch was excellent in his preferred deeper position. 

Negatives: Bullen’s continued blind spots. Most notably Mark McKenzie, who contributed nothing offensively today. He was clearly happy with a point, which is wild. If we want to play a striker who works as hard as Ashford does, then we need wide players with attacking instincts to take up the spaces he vacates.

With a right hand side capable of attacking whatsoever, we win that game IMO. 

Better today, still not great but better. Maxwell and McKenzie are more defensive wide players, it was obvious that Dunfermline were offering nothing out wide, we really could have done with more attacking and overlapping on the wings.

With all the possession we had, we never looked like scoring but retaining possession was a start, some tidy play but some dreadful mistakes as well. 

Whilst I think playing 3 in midfield is the way forward, it leaves us with fewer options when it comes to playing more than just Ashford up top. I’m leaving more towards playing Ashford just off Adeloye on one side and then either Gondoh or O’Connor on the other. He seems very one footed so maybe better to use him on the right where he can cut inside and then play Rowe at RB to counter the lack of width we’d have on that side.

McKenzie still has his uses. He’s absolutely brilliant at nullifying wingers or full backs but attacking moves tend to break down when he gets the ball. Unless you’re asking him to hammer the ball into the net then he doesn’t do much else.

Well how close was Mcginty the big dumpling of shifting the nest again lucky for him Reading got him out of jail,  but why are we surprised every Ayr United fan knows he’s a goal a game, Bullen won’t be moved so he’ll mend him, McKenzie wouldn’t get a game anywhere but here and as I say as long as you run about your a player to Bullen.

Partys over Bullen if we go up there next week and get a humping. Could not believe his comments after thistle, we made them anxious and they started shouting at the ref holy shit god help us.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Whilst I think playing 3 in midfield is the way forward, it leaves us with fewer options when it comes to playing more than just Ashford up top. I’m leaving more towards playing Ashford just off Adeloye on one side and then either Gondoh or O’Connor on the other. He seems very one footed so maybe better to use him on the right where he can cut inside and then play Rowe at RB to counter the lack of width we’d have on that side.

McKenzie still has his uses. He’s absolutely brilliant at nullifying wingers or full backs but attacking moves tend to break down when he gets the ball. Unless you’re asking him to hammer the ball into the net then he doesn’t do much else.

Apart from today, where he missed from two yards...

I think your suggestion is the way forward though, I’m not sure if Bullen is positive enough to try it. McKenzie lasting the game possibly shows that!

In games where you are dominating there is a resistance to make changes but today we didn’t create anything. We applied pressure without any real cutting edge.

Mistakes withstanding, we defended ok, Dunfermline we’re happy to allow Muirhead and McGinty all the time in the world to take the ball out of defence and let them make a mess of it. 
midfield was more positive, Maxwell and McKenzie could have been replaced after an hour. The shape was ok and it would have made more sense to replace the support to Ashford rather than go 2 up front.

I think we need a Dorrans type to take the ball from the defence and run the game for us. We need to make better changes to suit the opposition.

Apart from today, where he missed from two yards...
I think your suggestion is the way forward though, I’m not sure if Bullen is positive enough to try it. McKenzie lasting the game possibly shows that!

Was it McKenzie that missed after the goalie spilled it? I couldn’t tell from where I was standing but f**k me what a miss. He can rifle them in against Dundee and Raith but I can recall him missing a sitter against QOS about two seasons ago and then today.

Bullen's substitutions are terrible.  What's the point in bringing O'Connor on to play on the left, he's shown time and time again he is ineffective as an inverted winger, I think he could do a job through the middle more effectively, or more ideally out on the right. 

Generally today was an improvement again though but we are really taking baby steps here. 

I think this is how to get all of our best players on the pitch at the same time.  

LINEUP111644084917351.png

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think this is how to get all of our best players on the pitch at the same time.  

LINEUP111644084917351.png

Sort of agree, though I don't understand why Adeloye wasn't included today. Mcinroy looked good. Would have Baird over McGinty.