The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Not much point on splitting it over 2 nights because the people who attended the 1st night would just tell everyone what was said

After all the Chinese whispers god knows what people would be told 😁

Edited by Finlay21

Yeah could charge folk like £5 to watch the stream i suppose.

Funny as f**k if this night is just to announce a new pie stand for the north terracing or something lol

Had a look at the council planning website and no applications have been lodged so must either be plans still in the drawing phase or nothing will be happening until this time next year.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Yeah could charge folk like £5 to watch the stream i suppose.

Funny as f**k if this night is just to announce a new pie stand for the north terracing or something lol

Had a look at the council planning website and no applications have been lodged so must either be plans still in the drawing phase or nothing will be happening until this time next year.

Reckon it'll be something like a roof for the NT and new hospitality suite along it, hopefully not fully seated 🤞

The bar revenue shouldn't be in question. It's an event to discuss the future plans for the club rather than a piss-up. last thing they want is being interrupted constantly with folk ordering drinks or going for a piss. 

Having it somewhere like the Gaiety or Ayr town hall means they can get the numbers they want. probably with very little production costs.  

Love how Bill Barr gets the blame for the demise of Airdrieonians Mark I when it was David Murray who started the ball rolling. I wonder why he is never blamed by the Airdrieonians Mark II fans...

25 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Love how Bill Barr gets the blame for the demise of Airdrieonians Mark I when it was David Murray who started the ball rolling. I wonder why he is never blamed by the Airdrieonians Mark II fans...

It was their clubs own fault they went bust.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

David Murray had a few different companies and think it might have been another one of his that ultimately called their debt in 

Bad management just like every club from Rangers to Gretna that has went bust feel for the proper fans even Airdrie ones but like it or not Barr was just calling in money owed to him.

Was it bad management though? The stupid spl rules at the time dictating requirement for 10k all seater stadium. Obviously airdrie fancied themselves for eventually going up but introducing that rule was completely absurd.

I really don’t have an issue with people calling in money due but I am pretty sure there was another side to the story which I can’t be bothered going into.

Anyone celebrating a football club gojng out of business (whether you like them or not) is a fanny

39 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

David Murray had a few different companies and think it might have been another one of his that ultimately called their debt in 

I think it was a company of his which supplied stewards to Aidrie, the name Carnegie rings a bell. I also think the debt was about £25k-£30k, and being unable to pay it started a domino effect.

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Was it bad management though? The stupid spl rules at the time dictating requirement for 10k all seater stadium. Obviously airdrie fancied themselves for eventually going up but introducing that rule was completely absurd.

It was, because they sold Broomfield with no replacement stadium and went to Broadwood for bit. 

I agree with you about the stadium rule though.

35 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I really don’t have an issue with people calling in money due but I am pretty sure there was another side to the story which I can’t be bothered going into.

Anyone celebrating a football club gojng out of business (whether you like them or not) is a fanny

It was the fact that Archibald was claiming to be a victim and the bad business men were killing Airdrie. Completely ignoring the mismanagement of the whole stadium project.

Archibald became a champion of the Airdrie fans while he was bringing over his players and winning them deals at other clubs. And then buggering off again.