The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Yeah, I struggle to understand the mindset that poor performances don't matter because we are playing dross opposition. If anything it makes it fucking worse as we could have done so much more this season!

Edited by Trogdor

Well it’s pretty clear now take care of Morton and Partick and it’s the top four and play offs, think it’s important we get the third spot so we are at home for the second game. If all our players turn up we could get through to the final play off spot probably against Thistle.

45 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Poor performances don’t matter in a title race then. Let’s all accept that we’re just plucky wee Ayr playing above our level.

Never said that at all. But if you're up against a similar standard of opposition then you can afford to have performances of peaks and troughs and still be there or thereabouts.

That's exactly what's happened.

We're certainly playing above the levels to what we've become accustomed to, but that's still not good enough apparently.

Folk can moan all they like about missed opportunities and there undoubtedly have been. 

Do you hark back at every opportunity and feel sorry for yourself for what might have been or see what else there is to try and look forward and keep kicking on?

Each to their own but I know what I'm doing.

37 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Never said that at all. But if you're up against a similar standard of opposition then you can afford to have performances of peaks and troughs and still be there or thereabouts.

That's exactly what's happened.

We're certainly playing above the levels to what we've become accustomed to, but that's still not good enough apparently.

Folk can moan all they like about missed opportunities and there undoubtedly have been. 

Do you hark back at every opportunity and feel sorry for yourself for what might have been or see what else there is to try and look forward and keep kicking on?

Each to their own but I know what I'm doing.

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'm more and more convinced he's David Smith with every post.

The mask slipped right there

Davie, we love you mate...keep up the good work :D

30 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'm more and more convinced he's David Smith with every post.

I wish I had his money and the ability to make a positive impact on what's happening.

On here it's supposed to be about healthy debate and seeing things from different sides.

Not everybody will agree with you, I get it. 

It was nice to at least try and bring some balance to this thread.

23 hours ago, Aliayr76 said:

What's happening with Micheal moffatts testimonial game,

News be out very soon , just tying up the final details , will be played late July / early August ( due to Somerset pitch being worked on until last week in July) 

There is also a team of Ayr legends going to play alongside fans in June , again the details about this will be released soon 

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Are we fighting for 3rd place now or do we still have some faint hope of 2nd?

E3EF6459-F02A-485C-8700-83AD73B93F6E.jpeg

Only real chance of second is if queens completely collapse

8 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Are we fighting for 3rd place now or do we still have some faint hope of 2nd?

E3EF6459-F02A-485C-8700-83AD73B93F6E.jpeg

If QP lose on Friday night, and we win on Saturday then we have a very real chance of second…

Edited by No_Problemo