The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If QP lose on Friday night, and we win on Saturday then we have a very real chance of second…

11 minutes ago, Iain said:

Only real chance of second is if queens completely collapse

Ayr - Morton (H); Partick (A); Queens (H); Raith (H); ICT (A)

Queens - Partick (A); Hamilton (H); Ayr (A); Morton (A); Dundee (H)

I'd say you have a slightly easier run-in but enough to catch 6 points?  Much will depend on Queens losing to Partick to further dent their confidence.   

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'd say you have a slightly easier run-in but enough to catch 6 points?  Much will depend on Queens losing to Partick to further dent their confidence.   

If we’ve learned anything about this season it’s that we tend to make a total c**t of any kind of pressure game.

I’d like to think we could maybe catch second, but  we’ll probably finish fourth at this rate 

Edited by ComradeDiego

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

If we’ve learned anything about this season it’s that we tend to make a total c**t of any kind of pressure game.

I’d like to think we could maybe catch second, but  we’ll probably finish fourth at this rate 

I hear you - Dundee are past masters of f*****g it up when we see light at the end of the tunnel.  That's why Arbroath on Saturday is a real banana skin for us.

16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I absolutely don’t think Ayr will finish second btw, but if those results play out this weekend there is definitely a chance. Though, it’ll likely turn the other way the following week again. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I absolutely don’t think Ayr will finish second btw, but if those results play out this weekend there is definitely a chance. Though, it’ll likely turn the other way the following week again. 

That game against Queens will be a biggie - as will the final game between us and Queens.  Those are likely the 2 games where those 6 points are coming from.  

16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That game against Queens will be a biggie - as will the final game between us and Queens.  Those are likely the 2 games where those 6 points are coming from.  

Yeah - there are some huge games coming up for everyone.

I just hope we win on Saturday so we are at least involved in a race to finish higher up the table to some extent, and it doesn’t just turn into clinging onto fourth place. 

It is going to be some ending to the season anyway!

36 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Ayr - Morton (H)W; Partick (A)L; Queens (H)W; Raith (H)W; ICT (A)D = 10 points

Queens - Partick (A)L; Hamilton (H)W; Ayr (A)L; Morton (A)D; Dundee (H)L = 4 points

That is my prediction for they fixtures, with Dundee picking up 14 points with their remaining 6 games, with draws at Arbroath and ICT and winning the remaining fixtures.  Thistle collecting 13 points from their remaining games and the table finishing 1.Dundee 2.Thistle 3.Ayr 4.QP.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah - there are some huge games coming up for everyone.

I just hope we win on Saturday so we are at least involved in a race to finish higher up the table to some extent, and it doesn’t just turn into clinging onto fourth place. 

It is going to be some ending to the season anyway!

A couple of weeks back on a Dundee forum there was a view that Ayr may be our biggest rivals for top spot - I don't think that is likely now but 2nd is definitely within your reach.  You can't really afford many slip ups though, and really have to beat Queens in your face-off.

Good Luck!

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

That is my prediction for they fixtures, with Dundee picking up 14 points with their remaining 6 games, with draws at Arbroath and ICT and winning the remaining fixtures.  Thistle collecting 13 points from their remaining games and the table finishing 1.Dundee 2.Thistle 3.Ayr 4.QP.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for Dundee

Arbroath D; Raith W; Morton W; ICT L; Cove W; Queens D so 11 points leaving us on 64. 

And Queens

Partick D; Hamilton W; Ayr D; Morton W; Dundee leaving them on 63.

Using your 13/10 points for Thistle/yourselves you'd be on 61/59 respectively.  

So, Dees/Queens/Thistle/Yourselves.  

(I've been deliberately conservative for my team and liberal for Queens - I think you've done similar with yourselves and Partick?  I think you've been a little harsh on Queens t.b.h. - but I like your thinking!) 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

No

Ayr: Morton (H)(1pt)  Partick (A)(0pt) QP (H)(0pt)  Raith (H)(3pt) ICT (A)(0pt).  

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Hope for the best and expect the worst kind of post.  

Games against Morton are close, we drew at home earlier in the season when we were flying.  We are a much worse team now but I'd expect the same.  

We never got near Partick a few weeks ago at home, we aren't going to get near them away either.  

Queens Park - least confident about this prediction but I can't see them losing to us in an important game for them. 

Raith are just no very good. 

Inverness have our number until the end of time.  

To be fair Im more worried about finishing in the top 4 than looking at 2nd. If we lose to Morten they are 3 points behind with a game in hand, and if ICT win this weekend they are 4 behind with a game in hand. Last game of the season away to ICT needing anything to secure 4th gives me the fear.

10 minutes ago, honestly united said:

To be fair Im more worried about finishing in the top 4 than looking at 2nd. If we lose to Morten they are 3 points behind with a game in hand, and if ICT win this weekend they are 4 behind with a game in hand. Last game of the season away to ICT needing anything to secure 4th gives me the fear.

Anything can happen over the next few games as it's been impossible to predict anything all season long and will continue like that I'm sure.

The bottom line is that we can only play every game as it comes and treat them all like must wins and then see where it takes us. 

As it stands right now we're capable of winning every game, losing every game and drawing every game and all our opponents are in the same boat, what I would say is that we're currently in 3rd place on merit so anything below 3rd at this point will seem like a failure and anything better will be a great achievement.

If nothing else, at least it's exciting......

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

Why are you worried? Pretty much nobody ever gets promoted from the playoffs anyway and certainly not anyone finishing third or fourth. Nothing to get excited about.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Anything can happen over the next few games as it's been impossible to predict anything all season long and will continue like that I'm sure.

The bottom line is that we can only play every game as it comes and treat them all like must wins and then see where it takes us. 

As it stands right now we're capable of winning every game, losing every game and drawing every game and all our opponents are in the same boat, what I would say is that we're currently in 3rd place on merit so anything below 3rd at this point will seem like a failure and anything better will be a great achievement.

If nothing else, at least it's exciting......

I feel like you are my “glass half full’ internal voice. My ‘glass half empty’ internal voice is louder. I like you better.