The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

How they could continue to put in performances like that at this stage of the season is beyond me.

What do you mean? The season ended at 41 points. These are just friendlies. Like the Scottish Cup.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

He’s got a point. Many on this thread were talking up our chances of still being in the title race this time last week after beating a rubbish Cove side

This time last week we were . Now we are not . Some on here will be thrilled by that which is odd behaviour.  This group have never quit but there are several elements missing from having a real title crack . Proper fullbacks , second striker , midfield general.. we all know this , let's see if the summer address this . Then we go again . Nothing else for it .

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What do you mean? The season ended at 41 points. These are just friendlies. Like the Scottish Cup.

At least we got to rotate the keepers a bit in the cup seeing as the pressure was off. 

For what it's worth, context:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-65142947

Wrexham can't even make it into the Football League and yet spunked something like nine million pounds this season. Despite having completely failed, their turnover is still six times that of Ayr's best financial season in two decades.

Edited by Thumper

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Are we not unbeaten v them this season? One draw and the rest are wins 

Sorry I'd misread this just as wins. Even Hartley has surely figured Ayr out at this point. Nothing promised in future.

O'Connor and Ashford always playing 'inverted' so that O'Connor can constantly struggle to get a cross in and Ashford can offer no width and cut inside and either get tackled or shoot straight at the keeper is eye bleeding stuff 

The players on the park are showing about as much interest as myself, turned it off after the second goal. 

Despite our high position, I've never went into a business end of a season and felt so flat. We can finish in the playoffs and I seriously wouldn't care what would happen after that. 

Really poor stuff lots of possession and corners never looked like scoring, McGuire disappeared again and Musonda for the second goal had two chances to get the ball or take a foul embarrassing, to me looks like a player who wants to move on. Too many players never turned up, especially the so called big players no wonder Bullen never appeared after the game,Akinyemi, Musonda McGuire, Murdoch.