The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

After the last question he literally said after the last game next week

I think it’s fair to say he’s not writing off the playoffs with that one comment. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

FWIW I really can’t be arsed with the rigmarole of another two games after ICT. It’s really disappointing how quickly the enthusiasm of this season has been sucked away. 

I'd take a play off final against the manky Kilmarnock lot any day. There's still hope yet.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

FWIW I really can’t be arsed with the rigmarole of another two games after ICT. It’s really disappointing how quickly the enthusiasm of this season has been sucked away. 

I feel similar.  But I'd rather be in them with the extra prize money (as long as we haven't shafted ourselves with bonuses again) then 5th or 6th.  Next year will be tough so need as much cash as possible in our final installment from the league. 

Nobody outside second has ever gone up so as a fan it's a waste of time though!

I watched the interview on my way home from work so admittedly wasn't fully focused but did Calum really ask a question along the lines of whether the team playing in their new kit would give them an extra boast? 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I watched the interview on my way home from work so admittedly wasn't fully focused but did Calum really ask a question along the lines of whether the team playing in their new kit would give them an extra boast? 

Yes. 

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well it's unlikely we're going to have them anyway, looking at other teams to do us a favour, are Partick going to drop points against Raith? assuming we can even do something in our last two.

And it's been a slow drip, it hasn't just jumped up on us, but we attributed it to injuries, weather etc.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Oh No Reaction GIF

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

^This is me.

Since October I have slowly had my enthusiasm drained. Queens Park away hurt. Falkirk in the Cup broke me.

This season really is a fucking missed opportunity. I'm well past being told that 5th place is better than 8th.

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

On the off chance we get4th. What date is the Somerset game?

From memory the lower team plays at home first so it’ll likely be the Tuesday night following the ICT game. Then away on the Saturday. 

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It's a shite attitude to have but not really one that can be argued against to be honest. Like yourself my enthusiasm is at an all time low. 

I'd normally go to POTY but got no desire to sit in a room and act like it's been some sort of fantastic season. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

On the off chance we get4th. What date is the Somerset game?

Not sure of dates but we will be at home midweek and away on the Friday/Saturday. Would be the same if we won that game too

The prospect of the play-offs should be exciting, but this feels similar to when we made the play-offs in 13/14. We all know that we're not going up and these games will only serve to emphasise how far away from going up we are.

It sounds bad to say that, and I hope that I am wrong but that's how it feels.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

From memory the lower team plays at home first so it’ll likely be the Tuesday night following the ICT game. Then away on the Saturday. 

I thought I read that there were no Saturday games , all games I believe are Tuesday and Friday and live on TV 

IMG_6701.jpeg

Edited by Finlay21

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It's a shite attitude to have but not really one that can be argued against to be honest. Like yourself my enthusiasm is at an all time low. 

I'd normally go to POTY but got no desire to sit in a room and act like it's been some sort of fantastic season. 

Player of the year has never been about having a fantastic season it’s always just been to reward players that deserved it throughout the season wither good or poor , if it was down to having fantastic seasons only 2 or 3 clubs would have player of the year awards