The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Welcome to Ayr, we just need to do your social media video. 

Cool, wee into video then a quick interview?

No, We just need to pop round to Jewsons

To wear the Ayr top and pose with a scarf around my head? Maybe showcase what they sell?

No, just walk around a bit then leave. 

That's how you know your football career is ending. He never even bought anything 🙄

Clubs who do absolutely anything with their sponsors other than take their money vary from embarrassing to contemptible.

Though I do note that we're putting Bis on the adverts now, which is nice.

Edited by Thumper

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

With us starting pre season training a week today I think it would be fair to expect 2/3 signings this week.

👀 , 👀👀 and maybe 👀 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Nothing at all - just you said he was an impact sub. 

I think he’ll be much better than Maguire, whether he’ll be any good is still up for debate though. 

It was actually a St Johnstone fan who said he was most useful as a sub, but didn’t offer much when he started.  Comments t like that do worry me - we really do need any new signings to contribute a lot more than that as I think we all know there are a lot of very average players within the existing squad.  

It looks like a done deal though, so fingers crossed he is a player who can still start 30+ games over the season and give us a healthy return on assists and goals.  The idea of having to fall back on mediocrity like JML, Ashford O’Connor or McKenzie as wide options is pretty scary.

Edited by Nelson