The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

By 2 o'clock today, he'll be one of the worst players we've ever had and no loss at all. 😂

Not saying that whatsoever, but the stats will drive the price down along with the contract situation.  He provided a lot more than goals in those games, but had he kept the goals stats up from the first half of the season to the second half, we'd be talking a bigger number and more clubs in for him.

It's a lazy assumption that a player is only worth what a club is willing to pay for them. In fact a player is worth what you can get someone to pay for them. 

It could be argued that plenty teams expectations in January will be different now heading into a new season. A team sitting mid table will want to push on, teams promoted need to strengthen and relegated teams will want to bounce back. 

Doubt many on here know what Ayr value Dipo at but I think £250k is still achievable as a large part of his goals drying up was our formation change which left him isolated for long spells so only ourselves to blame.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Not saying that whatsoever, but the stats will drive the price down along with the contract situation.  He provided a lot more than goals in those games, but had he kept the goals stats up from the first half of the season to the second half, we'd be talking a bigger number and more clubs in for him.

How many assists did he have in that time, and the season over all? I genuinely don't know.

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

How many assists did he have in that time, and the season over all? I genuinely don't know.

11 in all competitions all season which was the most of any player this season with only O’Connor coming close with 8

Edited by muZZa__44

4 minutes ago, RedEd said:

He only managed 2 in 2023, 6 in 2022.

ETA - Stats are for the Championship only for goals and assists.

Edited by callum-ayr

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

He only managed 2 in 2023, 6 in 2022.

ETA - Stats are for the Championship only for goals and assists.

Missing cup goals and assists then. Need the full picture, we're trying to sell him for top dollar.

If Dipo is genuinely unhappy with the club then tough. He chose to sign a two year deal so we have no obligation to sell. We'll sell him if and when we get a suitable offer that benefits us. Hopefully we can get a deal done quickly and reinvest the money back into the squad. 

13 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

250k sounds like pie in the sky stuff to me. Nisbet went for £280k going by transfermarkt but was 3 years younger at the time

And scored 20% less goals and it was a few years ago . £250k isn’t an unrealistic price to ask for . 

2 minutes ago, railwayend said:

And scored 20% less goals and it was a few years ago . £250k isn’t an unrealistic price to ask for . 

You sure about that?

In the league it was 10% fewer goals for Nisbet in 25% fewer games.

Edited by eez-eh

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

He probably didn't expect to be making the long journey north again for pre season training 

I highly doubt he'll report to pre season training on Monday, which is probably going to make the whole thing 100x worse