The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Pretty pish patter from him in fairness. I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say he genuinely thought there was going to be an announcement tonight and once he released it has been delayed then he made it out it was to do with the open day.

Wouldn't be the first time someone orbiting in the circle of the club had put out premature info for clout tbf.

35 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I'll see you all on page 4400 when the absolute rage on here finally dies down after the new signings are introduced. 🙄

If it was Messi and Ronaldo there would still be rage about something lol 

To the many fans who send me private messages through this site for info on tickets and shop goods  etc please note I have moved on from that position and will be unable to give answers , as from now , you can contact the club shop by with your queries 

Slightly unnerved by the suggestion we are only in the market for another 2 players.  That surely can’t be right?  We are well short, particularly in the attacking areas.  I guess we just have too much dead wood hanging around on multi year contracts.  

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Slightly unnerved by the suggestion we are only in the market for another 2 players.  That surely can’t be right?  We are well short, particularly in the attacking areas.  I guess we just have too much dead wood hanging around on multi year contracts.  

Likely get a loan or two in to supplement the two full signings. Didn't Chalmers and Mullin come in after the league cup games? 

11 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I think the release of one or two and the selling of a certain striker would free up space for another two on top of the 3-4 we’re expecting still to sign. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think the release of one or two and the selling of a certain striker would free up space for another two on top of the 3-4 we’re expecting still to sign. 

Hope that’s true.  I don’t want to be harsh, but we’ve got too many players signed up that just aren’t championship standard.  I guess it’ll be another 4-6 weeks before the loan market opens up.

20 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Likely get a loan or two in to supplement the two full signings. Didn't Chalmers and Mullin come in after the league cup games? 

Yes i think that is right. At the time not sure we were expecting more signings either. Either the club were playing it down or these were an opportunity not to miss 

Continuous improvement in the squad is all we can hope for.  That is bound to have the odd failing here and there, but as someone else said, we generally had a back up in every position last year.

Being 2 mins and 1 goal away from 5th place probably summed us up better last season as a squad.  In my eyes, if we finish top 4, that will be continuous improvement.

39 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Hope that’s true.  I don’t want to be harsh, but we’ve got too many players signed up that just aren’t championship standard.  I guess it’ll be another 4-6 weeks before the loan market opens up.

If we learned anything from last season, it's that in the sum of the parts you don't have to be a team of world beaters. You need to be functional and effective above aesthetically pleasing.

2 to play the piano and 9 to carry it does just fine. 👍

1 hour ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

And in January both got recalled, which in Chalmers's case resulted in a significant impact to performance and in Mullen's resulted in the club paying quite a lot of money to get not a lot of extra time out of him.