The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

"Exclusive" :lol:

P&J beaten to the punch by some random guy looking through his clubs Twitter for new followers is some riddy. 

The pessimist in me is saying he won’t sign but it would be a great bit of business to get him. 

38 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Attempting to sign a 33 year old and two 34 year olds to play up front this season.

Mathies end of season accomplishment round up is going to be some reading next season.

"6. Almost signed Billy McKay"

11 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Just going by ITK Inverness fans on twitter 

He's no doubt used us as a threat so he can get the 2 year deal he's after at Inverness.

3 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Billy Mackay ‘could’’ be good but at 34 I have massive reservations. My Kris Doolan PTSD is doing overtime. It’s a no for me. Till he signs…..

He got 20 goal contributions last year which suggests his legs haven't gone 

I'd Absoulotely take him if he is available and wanting a move. Still do suspect he/his agent may be using us as a bargaining tool with Inverness.

I cannot wait for the seethe and cries of “what now?” When McKay inevitably signs a new contract with ICT. I’d be surprised if this was anything more than a shot in the dark that’s now turned into something that could potentially go through. 

I reckon we’ll hear about more signings towards the end of the week. 

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He got 20 goal contributions last year which suggests his legs haven't gone 

I'd Absoulotely take him if he is available and wanting a move. Still do suspect he/his agent may be using us as a bargaining tool with Inverness.

And I agree. Even if his 20 goals became 10-15 goals. Just not as a marquee signing on a whack of our budget. At 34 he might be one of these anomalies that goes and goes. On the other hand he might be one of these players that just suits a team. His age is the contributing factor that my reservations. 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Honestly, I'd rather we signed a new full back or winger before adding an aging striker.

Signing a striker doesn't mean we aren't going to sign a full back or winger. We need all 3. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Signing a striker doesn't mean we aren't going to sign a full back or winger. We need all 3. 

I know, though I can presume that McKay would demand a larger wage, which could deter signing all three.

Does McKay live in Glasgow area or is he based up on the highlands? 

If he's up there I can't imagine him moving his whole family down here unless it's worthwhile (aka multi year deal with move into coaching development side of things too)

13 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Does McKay live in Glasgow area or is he based up on the highlands? 

If he's up there I can't imagine him moving his whole family down here unless it's worthwhile (aka multi year deal with move into coaching development side of things too)

The stumbling block at Inverness appeared to be that they were only offering him a one year deal but he was wanting two years. I'd assume that we were maybe offering him the two years so that's where the speculation has come from, however I'd imagine (and as someone else said) he's just using us as bait in order to get the extra year up at Inverness.

He would certainly tick the experienced pro box and there's no doubt that even at 34 he's still very fit and could be a good foil for our new striker / winger plus good for bringing on the likes of Bryden but it is of course a gamble handing a 34 year old a 2 year deal, especially if on a substantial wage in relation to our overall budget.