The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Paul Smith was the standout for me in the first half. Was playing as the deepest of the three midfielders and looked the part. Murphy as well was decent. Not as direct as Mullin but was willing to come deep to get the ball and try stuff. 

Dipo Akinyemi did not have the aura of someone who is in the huff. Was chasing down lost causes and harrying defenders trying to win the ball. Was unlucky not to have a goal but did everything else well. I think we can put an end to the stuff about him that’s been said in the past couple of weeks. 

Trialist didn’t really do anything besides nearly catch the goalie out. Wouldn’t be signing him. Amartey will likely be a backup forward as I’d imagine we’ll have another striker and winger coming in. 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Trialist didn’t really do anything besides nearly catch the goalie out. Wouldn’t be signing him. Amartey will likely be a backup forward as I’d imagine we’ll have another striker and winger coming in. 

Did they get to play with the first team or some ragtag bunch of jobbers? 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Did they get to play with the first team or some ragtag bunch of jobbers? 

Amartey with the first team, trialist with the ragtag bunch. 

The trialist did relatively well considering he had to play in a midfield four and put one on a plate for Tomlinson as well as having a decent effort at goal. He seemed technically pretty good, but you would really need to see more of him playing over a full game and with first side players. He looked pretty young too, though I could obviously be completely wrong with that. 

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Paul Smith had a really good game I thought, liked the look of Tomlinson as well. Hard to say on the trialist. Thought we looked better in the second half. 

No harm to him, as he is very young but Tomlinson either gave the ball away or fell over it just about every time he touched it. 

I really like Paul Smith as a player though and agree he was good. It’s tough for him in that central midfield position to break in, but he’s good enough to get a run. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

At the risk of being hounded off this site, Somerset Boab was actually alright today. Dunno how I’d feel about him doing it long term but today he was okay. 

Nah he's tinpot and makes us look tinpot aswell .

I reckon if he is going to be the new announcer then he’s gonna be told to tone it down on the jokes and stuff so I reckon he should be fine and as said I don’t think he was that bad today at least compared to the Moffat testimonial

5 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I reckon if he is going to be the new announcer then he’s gonna be told to tone it down on the jokes and stuff so I reckon he should be fine and as said I don’t think he was that bad today at least compared to the Moffat testimonial

Who came up with the idea of giving him the role of announcer?