The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

There has been no change , I recruited in my former position for managerial positions mainly and rule has not changed , no job needs to be externally advertised and it’s does not even need by law to be advertised internally , 

I don't think anyone is complaining about you being appointed Robbo. For a number of reasons -

You've been a true servant to the club puting in the hard work. With the online ticketing system for one.

You also actually did the role for a couple of months at the end of last season.

You spent multiple years in the club shop.

You fancied the kit role when it was first advertised (about a year ago?) and I think you even applied.

Moreover, you didn't spend 5 years denigrating the club on social media and to anyone who would listen. To then worm your way in with the new owner. That's what I take issue with wrt. Boaby boy.

Edited by Trogdor

14 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Probably because the club build up a bunch of backup announcers and as soon as successful businessman took over all were not even contacted to be advised they were no longer required.  

How do you know that info was retained or even handed over? Not everything with Smith needs to fit in to your villain narrative. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Could apply to a few on here to be fair.

That won't count though.😉

It's not even comparable but then you know that.

Maybe you'll be a bit more accommodating of differing views to your own on here then, if you're willing to stomach Boab. 😉

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Last I looked, most of us pay Ayr United and not the other way around.

Anyway, there's no requirement for jobs to be posted externally, especially not if it's essentially unpaid, but it's still not a good look.

If Archer is only 18 I would definitely be very interested in seeing him again, took the ball in well and you could definitely tell he was technically good on the ball. Probably lacking the physicality to be a starter, but definitely looks to be one we could develop… 

It might not be possible but my preference would be to get rid of guys we know aren’t good enough out wide (Ashford) and utilise younger guys with potential who might be. 

Fucking hell this thread. Boab is a w**k but he was absolutely fine yesterday and if he can stick to reading out teamsheets and goal scorers then he’ll be fine. I have no idea why the decision was taken to bring him back into the fold after he essentially stopped coming to games. His whole super supporter thing is a huge facade considering he fucked off twenty minutes into the Partick game last season after we were getting pumped. I get a few folk will have been the same but they weren’t all desperate to be the face of the club for years. 

It might change but I feel like the whole media and engagement side of the club has largely been ignored in the last 18 months. Our highlights are a shambles, our post match interviews are cringey in the extreme and when you look at some of the content being put out by other clubs then we have a bit of catching up to do.

17 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

There is a difference between seeing faults and hoping they get better and actively hoping there are faults to get it up the folk that hunted you. 

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Last I looked, most of us pay Ayr United and not the other way around.

Anyway, there's no requirement for jobs to be posted externally, especially not if it's essentially unpaid, but it's still not a good look.

So if you pay your money it's alright?

It isn't. And not in some happy clapper, better supporter than you, everything's great way either.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Fucking hell this thread. Boab is a w**k but he was absolutely fine yesterday and if he can stick to reading out teamsheets and goal scorers then he’ll be fine. I have no idea why the decision was taken to bring him back into the fold after he essentially stopped coming to games. His whole super supporter thing is a huge facade considering he fucked off twenty minutes into the Partick game last season after we were getting pumped. I get a few folk will have been the same but they weren’t all desperate to be the face of the club for years. 

It might change but I feel like the whole media and engagement side of the club has largely been ignored in the last 18 months. Our highlights are a shambles, our post match interviews are cringey in the extreme and when you look at some of the content being put out by other clubs then we have a bit of catching up to do.

There have been occasions over the last couple of years that the clubs inner circle is so tight that they haven't thought about those outside it.

News not coming out of the club leads to gossip and speculation then to resentment. It has reached that a couple of times now. They started the press conferences to fix that, along with regular interviews with Mathie. That stopped working. They don't even give team news now. You have the panda and SB leaking signings before the club.

The highlights are dreadful, training footage repurposed. We don't need commentary or graphics, just footage that close to the action and has replays etc. 

Fans are buying the merch and season tickets but don't like being taken for mugs so they need to make sure the balance doesn't go too far in one direction. 

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Not seeing the difference.

SB actively wanted the club he claims to support to lose football games during the McCall era. I've been critical of the club, sometimes possibly overly however every game they play I'm desperate for them to win.

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's not even comparable but then you know that.

Maybe you'll be a bit more accommodating of differing views to your own on here then, if you're willing to stomach Boab. 😉

Ive never met the guy to be honest.

Its all about differing opinions, but supporting a club like ours, there should be more that unites us than divides us.

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Actively trolling now.

I don't have the energy to even if I wanted to.

There's far too many people who are overly critical too often. They don't seem to think things out, let alone offer anything constructive and those on here who are somewhat in the middle ground are just left deflated by it all. It becomes a constant stream of what's wrong.

Especially when you know the things that are being said are often misinformed, guesswork or just plainly not true.

Edited by BukyOHare

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye the media side of things has definitely took a dip recently. Take Raith as an example, I remember watching the interview with Josh Mullin when he signed with them and was really jealous of the professionalism of the interviewer. Was around an 8 or 9 minute interview.  Our interviews with new signings are lucky if they last 3 or 4 minutes and is just players answering questions which Calum has obviously asked however you don't even hear the question. Toe curling stuff to the point I don't even bother watching them now. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't have the energy to even if I wanted to.

There's far too many people who are overly critical too often. They don't seem to think things out, let alone offer anything constructive and those who are somewhat in the middle ground are just left deflated.

Especially when you know the things that are being said are often misinformed, guesswork or just plainly not true.

Looking at numbers and statistics vs Mathies end of season graphic are two ends of the spectrum and to look at latter without taking in to account the former is ignoring reality. Like hailing a 1-0 victory when the opposition was down to 8 men, you don't have a shot on target and win by an own goal. 

If you turn up, like we did last season and see games where we didn't register a shot on goal, where we went months being dreadful. A time where two wins in a row would have put us in a much better position yet we continued with anti-football. Are you suggesting supporters should not question what is going on or not suggest we should be better?

15 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Probably because the club build up a bunch of backup announcers and as soon as successful businessman took over all were not even contacted to be advised they were no longer required.  

^^^ Neil McCann levels of bitterness.