The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

St Johnstone fans were quite positive about Murphy even though he spent last season played out of position. I haven’t seen anything good being said about O’Halloran. I’m happier we’ve got Murphy.  

David Wotherspoon would be worth a look.  Another who is the wrong side of 30, but like Murphy would offer a bit more attacking intent from midfield.

23 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Good finish yesterday - looked like he has got a bit about him at this level? We'll see when the grounds get heavy and the Scottish winter gets going.

Aye I thought he looked good. I have a feeling he’ll get more involved that Mullin simply because he naturally cuts inside and looks for the ball. Mullin was much more about trying to stretch it and get the ball as wide as he could to get a cross in. 

7 hours ago, RedEd said:

Not aware of any changes to legislation - that's not to say it hasn't happened though. It would difficult to police and right pain for employers to administer.

I agree. It would be entirely pointless to try to force companies to interview externally - it would just waste everyone's time since if you have an internal candidate lined up you can always just give them the job in the end.

If there is a good internal candidate it is nearly always preferable to looking externally since it reduces risk. There are things that are difficult to assess in a few hours of interview whereas you will have years of feedback on some internal candidates.

I think it is very positive that the club is able to give new opportunities to volunteers or existing staff and hopefully that can continue as the club grows.

7 hours ago, Aliayr76 said:

could thay have went to the college or university and got 3-4 folk doing  media course and then gave them a chance at 1 game each then the fans could have voted on who was the best,

I think you could be onto something here. I don't think it would be a cheap option - if you turn some media students loose on this you would in all likelihood end up with a disaster however if it was done as a partnership between a further education institute it could fit into Smith's stated desire to support community initiatives. It would need experienced professionals to underpin and support it but if done well it could give long term benefits to both the club and the institutions (as well as the students obviously).

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

They appointed a Supporters Liaison Officer to deal with this sort of thing , that is either not being utilised or there is a breakdown somewhere in the process 

I think there is more can be done with fans liaison with the club supporters liaison officer ( or vice versa ) highlighting  issues and posting responses 

If the SLO meets with the board at any point then it would be good to invite questions beforehand and put the sensible ones to them.

I do follow the SLO on twitter but had a look and it just seems to be mainly retweets, although on a separate note if that's considered a club affiliated account someone might want to have a quiet word about who they follow and what they like.

6 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

If the SLO meets with the board at any point then it would be good to invite questions beforehand and put the sensible ones to them.

I do follow the SLO on twitter but had a look and it just seems to be mainly retweets, although on a separate note if that's considered a club affiliated account someone might want to have a quiet word about who they follow and what they like.

What's wrong with Lana Wolf?

46 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

That is very funny. 

49 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

What's wrong with Lana Wolf?

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I just had a look at this, fucking hell.

9 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That is very funny. 

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Someone send him this IMG_1121.gif.efd892245d1c5eba0076cd712f50815d.gif

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

two passions in life, Ayr United and chanking his pud

Ahhhhh i see now....

Actually more embarrassing that he’s liked a tweet slagging off big Sean getting a new contract. My man has wanked himself so blind he can’t spot a Ballon D’or winner when he sees one.

Edited by D'Jaffo

Update on The Moffs testimonial match

Every Ayr fan knows his love for one of the Glasgow teams 

Date: Sunday 24th September 

venue : Somerset Park

Kick Off TBA

Opponents Celtic X1

Ticket details will be released soon , get along and give him the hero send off he deserves 

Edited by Finlay21