The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Zak Rudden anyone?

Yes please 

Just reading on the Gillingham fans forum and someone was saying that they’d heard we were “horrible” to deal with in negotiations which pleases me greatly. Should be telling any club coming in with derisory offers to f**k off. That’s Gillingham missed out on two targets due to them being too cheap. 

Hmm I’m not bothered about JML going, but we have got rid of the two better ones, plus JML was still young. Gives us scope to improve our starting options dramatically though hopefully. 

We are looking pretty light for tomorrow now though…

I’ll just get the tweet in now for a years time. “Olly Pendlebury has terminated his contract by mutual termination, we thank him for his efforts. We will also not be extending the contract of Francis Amartey, we also wish him all the best.”

Get this recruitment process in the fucking bin. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

I’ll just get the tweet in now for a years time. “Olly Pendlebury has terminated his contract by mutual termination, we thank him for his efforts. We will also not be extending the contract of Francis Amartey, we also wish him all the best.”

Can we see them play a couple of games first?

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Believe it’s a lot more than that 

That's great to hear. I think this will be the real test of Mathie and Glendinning - can we now genuinely strengthen the overall squad addressing the positions we have all said need significant improvement. If we end up getting 150k or whatever it is, and then end up finishing 6th then I think then is when people can genuinely ask questions about the strategy and their part in it.

On the topic of the season ticket fiasco, I am still on holiday so haven't been concerned about attending games but the lack of communication is quite odd and is rightly being called out as unacceptable. I would suspect that they had much stronger demand than expected but didn't have much technology or automation to support the administration of it and are now up against it trying to sort it out in a period when staff will be on holiday. It looks like their ticket provider is perhaps not the finest solution in the market either. If what I have written is close to accurate then this is where they should have held their hands up and perhaps asked for some volunteers in the support to provide some help - many of us who are employed in IT deal with these kinds of things all the time.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't that recruitment process just bagged a club record fee?