The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

https://pomanda.com/company/SC005950/the-ayr-united-football-and-athletic-club%2C-limited

VOR is mistaking turnover for gross profit.

This is literally public information fwiw.

It's not public information because the club lodge small company accounts with companies house which don't include an Income Statement, they only have a Balance Sheet.

If you look closely at the Pomanda data those are all estimates for the P&L rather than actuals. The Balance Sheet is actuals (as this is publicly available).

You can check companies house, the club don't publish turnover:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005950/filing-history

I think VOR is right on this one.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's not public information because the club lodge small company accounts with companies house which don't include an Income Statement, they only have a Balance Sheet.

If you look closely at the Pomanda data those are all estimates for the P&L rather than actuals. The Balance Sheet is actuals (as this is publicly available).

You can check companies house, the club don't publish turnover:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005950/filing-history

I think VOR is right on this one.

Ah. Fair enough. But getting back to the original point, not only did the club allegedly bring in 1.4m last season, they're made at least 300k more in prize money this time along with whatever Akinyemi got sold for, plus (allegedly) the bar receipts (and it's the fucking dearest bar in KA8). And the vast majority of any club's outgoings are wages. And even if you split it completely evenly, a million quid wage bill would be enough for every player in the first team to be making more than 40k, and a third of them are still school-aged.

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Ah. Fair enough. But getting back to the original point, not only did the club allegedly bring in 1.4m last season, they're made at least 300k more in prize money this time along with whatever Akinyemi got sold for, plus (allegedly) the bar receipts (and it's the fucking dearest bar in KA8). And the vast majority of any club's outgoings are wages. And even if you split it completely evenly, a million quid wage bill would be enough for every player in the first team to be making more than 40k, and a third of them are still school-aged.

Utilities costs are a massive part of the expenditure , travel costs are not cheap either , wages will be nearer 30% of income I would think , when running multi million pound shops before retiring our wages budget was only 8% of income 

16 minutes ago, Thumper said:

For financial year to end of 30 June 2023 it's not unreasonable to expect our Turnover to be closer to £1.8m due to the points you have made wrt. increased  prize money (from 8th to 2nd in league & Scottish cup).

The Akinyemi sale won't be in the next set of accounts but the one after. As it was banked after 30 June.

Either way, there should be the funds available for 4 quality signings. 

BTW to distract from the past few pages of keech - what was your first Ayr United top? Mine was this.

0_Glynn-Hurst-Ayr-United-football-player.thumb.jpg.bf0ec8f08c360a229dd5af6fc1e59f47.jpg

0_Glynn-Hurst.jpg.079b1b2efdfea6bfe353705809d4ffc8.jpg

I still have it. Obviously it no longer fits me and hasn't for about 22 years, but there are some things I'll never throw out. My first ever Ayr top is one of them.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’d imagine the lower end will still be in the region of £400 a month and the highest will be closer to £700. I might be way off there but that would be my guess. 

Is that why you probably let Mullin go to get him off the wage bill (as someone on our thread said he was one of your highest paid players when we signed him)  or did yous offered him a deal but we matched it and gave him a longer length of contract? 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Is that why you probably let Mullin go to get him off the wage bill (as someone on our thread said he was one of your highest paid players when we signed him)  or did yous offered him a deal but we matched it and gave him a longer length of contract? 

Sure it was down to length of contract 

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

BTW to distract from the past few pages of keech - what was your first Ayr United top? Mine was this.

0_Glynn-Hurst-Ayr-United-football-player.thumb.jpg.bf0ec8f08c360a229dd5af6fc1e59f47.jpg

0_Glynn-Hurst.jpg.079b1b2efdfea6bfe353705809d4ffc8.jpg

I still have it. Obviously it no longer fits me and hasn't for about 22 years, but there are some things I'll never throw out. My first ever Ayr top is one of them.

Love that top picture. That cheeser is unreal.

Mine was the top from the season before, the Barr Construction one. That year 98-99 is seared into my mind. Basically all the great memories i have of Ayr are from that time. It seemed like every home game i went to was in the height of Summer or under the floodlights in sub-arctic temperatures. And Glynn Hurst was the best player on the planet. Brilliant.

*sorry, strip from 2 seasons before

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

Just now, Coollestersmoothe said:

Love that top picture. That cheeser is unreal.

Mine was the top from the season before, the Barr Construction one. That year 98-99 is seared into my mind. Basically all the great memories i have of Ayr are from that time. It seemed like every home game i went to was in the height of Summer or under the floodlights in sub-arctic temperatures. And Glynn Hurst was the best player on the planet. Brilliant.

Hursty was fantastic. First player to break my heart by leaving the club.

I remember him scoring 5 against Morton shortly before he left. What a fucking player he was.

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Hursty was fantastic. First player to break my heart by leaving the club.

I remember him scoring 5 against Morton shortly before he left. What a fucking player he was.

He was quality. I remember seeing him play against Hibs at Somerset in a 3-3 draw. He scored a beauty of a free kick and another where he belted it past Gotskalskon. Made Franck Sauzee look like Markus Fjortoft. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

2 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

He was quality. I remember seeing him play against Hibs at Somerset in a 3-3 draw. He scored a beauty of a free kick and another where he belted it past Gotskalskon. Made Franck Sauzee look like Markus Fjortoft. 

He deserved to have a better career than he did. He had the talent definitely. 

I always get nostalgic when someone posts a pic of Glynn Hurst. Reminds me of my 1st game at Somerset with my dad, uncle and cousins. Sure it was a shite 0-0 and I was more excited about getting treated to a chippy tea by my uncle afterwards, but I was buzzing to see Glynn play in person and I also got Jim Dick's autograph that day 🤣 Great memories and a great player